Old 20th September 2011, 23:23

Default Video and Audio Delay

I've been using Procaster for several months now. I neglected updates for the sake of familiarity with the old versions. After I finally gave in and updated to a more modern version of Procaster, I receive reports that the audio and video are now horribly desynchronized. The audio comes at least 5 seconds before the video and only grows progressively worse. All manner of settings have been changed but no luck there.I had no previous problems before the update and have no hardware or software changes. Internet service has stayed the same way and everything has been golden. I jsut want to be able to stream with the audio and video matching up. Any help wou;d be greatly appreciated outside of downgrading as I don't know where to acquire and older procaster.
Old 21st September 2011, 07:14
Livestream Producer Support

Daranion,

Could you please confirm the previous version of Procaster you were running. Previous versions were less CPU intensive, so if your system doesn't meet the new standards you'd likely need to drop the rate you're streaming at or upgrade your system. You can find our recommended system specs here:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ents#Procaster

You can also try disabling the local recording, which will drop the CPU load. If you would like to downgrade you can navigate to procaster.com and click version history.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 14th November 2011, 20:18

Unhappy Audio is off

We are having the same problem - kind of. We broadcast using Wirecast to Livestream, and the audio starts off synchronized, but by the time we reach the end of the broadcast, it is horribly off. It doesn't appear to be off during the actual broadcast, but rather on the on-demand replay. Suggestions?
Old 15th November 2011, 12:17
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSwimNetwork View Post
We are having the same problem - kind of. We broadcast using Wirecast to Livestream, and the audio starts off synchronized, but by the time we reach the end of the broadcast, it is horribly off. It doesn't appear to be off during the actual broadcast, but rather on the on-demand replay. Suggestions?
Have you updated to Wirecast 4.1.2?
What were your settings in detail?
How long were you streaming continously?
Would you be willing to test a record to hard drive using the same settings you're streaming with so you can generate server and hard drive recording to compare?