Old 28th September 2011, 10:14
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Yes, at the end of the URL. Also make sure you also set the audio format to AAC.
Old 13th October 2011, 04:00

Default Problem

Hi David.

I tried to set the audio format to AAC but for there doesn't seem to be an option for it. I only see MP3 and Nellymoser. Do I need to do something to my MAC system Preferences? Would appreciate any help.

Also I'm using Snow Leopard on a macbook and using FMLE 3.1. Is there another program i need to install for the AAC option to appear on the audio format dropdown window or is it an internal change I must make?

Last edited by aericlee; 13th October 2011 at 04:23.
Old 13th October 2011, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aericlee View Post
Hi David.

I tried to set the audio format to AAC but for there doesn't seem to be an option for it. I only see MP3 and Nellymoser. Do I need to do something to my MAC system Preferences? Would appreciate any help.

Also I'm using Snow Leopard on a macbook and using FMLE 3.1. Is there another program i need to install for the AAC option to appear on the audio format dropdown window or is it an internal change I must make?

I'm using FLME 3.2 on MacOS 10.5.8, and AAC was listed automatically. I just needed to choose it. Try upgrading to 3.2 and see if that helps.
Old 14th October 2011, 03:57

I tried installing 3.2 and it wasn't available either. So I tried switching the video to h.264 and it was then available in audio. Tried it in 3.1 as well and it was the same way. What are the advantages of 3.2 or 3.1? Which is recommended in general?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:11
Livestream

Quote:
I tried installing 3.2 and it wasn't available either. So I tried switching the video to h.264 and it was then available in audio. Tried it in 3.1 as well and it was the same way. What are the advantages of 3.2 or 3.1? Which is recommended in general?
Generally the most recent version is recommended, which is 3.2. You can find release notes from Adobe here.

Best,
Jason
Old 14th October 2011, 11:44

Quote:
Ah, yes, that would do it. AAC is only available when using H.264 video encoding. One thing I noticed with 3.2 was the ability to stream using multiple bit rates. I dont recall that being an option in some of the older versions.
Old 14th October 2011, 13:44

Send a message via AIM to scpdny
Default Additional Tips

Broadcasting to smartphone/tablet devices is a great idea, but see this post for additional tips when broadcasting to smartphone/tablet devices:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/show...50&postcount=8

Last edited by scpdny; 14th October 2011 at 13:47.
Old 14th October 2011, 13:50

Send a message via AIM to scpdny

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
Ah, yes, that would do it. AAC is only available when using H.264 video encoding. One thing I noticed with 3.2 was the ability to stream using multiple bit rates. I dont recall that being an option in some of the older versions.
AAC audio codec is by default installed on a MAC OS but on windows it is not and would need to be installed by a third party application that provides it, most AAC audio codes are free to install for the purpose of decoding but not free for encoding.
Old 15th October 2011, 14:16

Thanks for all the tips David. I'm gonna switch to 3.2. Also are you familiar with using multiple cameras on FMLE? Would a traditional camera switcher work or is there a switcher software that is recommended?
Old 5th November 2011, 00:31

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw this....Try Wirecast from Telestream. That would do it as far as software. you would need an extra capture card for the extra cam, I imagine. If you use the FLME, you would need an external switch or mixer.