Old 2nd September 2011, 16:06

/It not I; It would be awesome ... Kona and multibridge
Old 6th September 2011, 15:48

Unhappy New version crashes- rolled back to older one

Procaster always took more than 90% of my CPU, but the new version apparently does that and more. It will give me the new 80% warning and then crash about 30 seconds later. I'm running a macbook pro with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. No other applications are running when it crashes. I'm not recording video to my local drive.

I've rolled it back to the previous version 20.0.89 and that works just fine.

Will this continue to be a problem in the next version… meaning our current fleet of MacBook Pros will be obsolete for livestreaming?

Mike McIntee
Executive Producer
The UpTake
Old 8th September 2011, 12:18

Thumbs down Complete Train Wreck

Using McBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Core i7 with 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon 6750M on OSX Lion 10.7.1. Connected Canon HV20 over Firewire. This setup worked beautifully before this Procaster upgrade.

First, tried to record HD + medium + mobile, but the CPU couldn't keep up. Had to downshift to high + medium + mobile. We can't use Procaster at the highest quality with the most powerful configuration Apple sells?

I'm seeing the same problems as others: Crashing multiple times per hour. Cannot use the audio channel from the HV20, as it has chirping for some reason (I can record using Camtasia perfectly so the camera works fine). Had to switch to built-in mic for sound, which is lousy quality. Saw the same problem as others - switching the audio channels during a broadcast freezes the application.

Going to try moving back to previous version, which worked perfectly.
Old 8th September 2011, 12:32

Just downgraded to previous version and now we're back in business.
Old 14th September 2011, 23:33

Default Also seeing multiple crashes with 20.2

I had a medium+mobile stream up for 45 minutes with the CPU usage fine and everything was looking great until Procaster randomly crashed on its own without evening touching the laptop. This is after multiple crashes earlier in the day while testing different configurations. We are using a 6 month old MacBook Pro, so no hardware issues.

Please make 20.3 much more stable and support the Matrox Mx02 line of capture devices.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 17th October 2011, 22:06

Default How do I roll back to prior version of Procaster?

I wish I had read these postings before upgrading Procaster. Tried streaming an event tonight and it failed in all the ways you have reported: It claimed to be using 90+ percent of CPU with everything shut down; later, running around 70 percents, it kept urging me to close applications; it crashed without warning after about 20 minutes; crashed again two or three more times in the course of an hour, etc.

I am using a Macbook Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.66 Ghz, 4 GB 1067 DDR3. Prior version of Procaster worked reasonable well.

Can someone please tell me: How/ where can I download the prior version of Procaster?

Thanks--
Old 18th October 2011, 09:41
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorristownGreen View Post
Can someone please tell me: How/ where can I download the prior version of Procaster?
You can find our last full release of Procaster for Mac here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...9_of_Procaster

Best,
Jason
Old 18th October 2011, 10:41

Default Strange audio, too

Thanks for the prompt response, Jason.

I meant to also note strange audio static--like a clicking sound--during my ill-fated webcast with the newest mac Procaster.

This was especially vexing because I could NOT hear it while monitoring the live feed. Everything coming through my camera mics sounded fine in headphones.

But viewers online reported the noise, and it's also on the Procaster recordings. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any ideas what caused it?
Old 14th November 2011, 13:51

What's the latest on this memory issue? Have the memory bugs with Procaster v20.2 been resolved?

The new features sound very cool, but reliability is key. We aren't upgrading until we know this program is solid.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:04

We're also waiting for improvements in the performance. Meanwhile, we're evaluating other providers. All in all Livestream isn't the one and only service in this kind of activity.