Old 8th September 2011, 23:14

Default How Do You Commentate Over Cameras?

Livestream Community,

In my past events, one of the problems I had streaming is that I don't know how to commentate over other cameras. I want the ability to switch between cameras but still be commentating and not have the camera's sound to be broadcasted. I've gone over most of the user guide. I can't find the solution for my issue there or I might of skipped it so it would be appreciated if you could link me to the solution. So my question is, how do I commentate over cameras?

Thanks.

Last edited by GamersBuffet; 8th September 2011 at 23:21.
Old 10th September 2011, 17:55
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamersBuffet View Post
I want the ability to switch between cameras but still be commentating and not have the camera's sound to be broadcasted.
Gamersbuffet,

The best way to accomplish a single audio feed over multiple video feeds is to use a video switcher. On the lower end you could go with an analog switcher like the DataVideo 960:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Switcher.html

Because this is an analog switcher, you would still need to use an A/V converter such as a a Canopus ADVC-110 to convert to Firewire.

On the higher end, Panasonic offers a switcher that will allow you to do a full HD-SDI workflow:

You could also use something like a TriCaster, which would encode your feed while allowing you to switch on the back end.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Jason
Old 13th September 2011, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Gamersbuffet,

The best way to accomplish a single audio feed over multiple video feeds is to use a video switcher. On the lower end you could go with an analog switcher like the DataVideo 960:

Because this is an analog switcher, you would still need to use an A/V converter such as a a Canopus ADVC-110 to convert to Firewire.

On the higher end, Panasonic offers a switcher that will allow you to do a full HD-SDI workflow:

You could also use something like a TriCaster, which would encode your feed while allowing you to switch on the back end.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Jason
Is there a free software that can do this? I can't do this in the Livestream Studio? I have streamers around the world and I don't think I have wires long enough to reach me in California. XD
Old 14th September 2011, 20:49
Livestream

Quote:
Is there a free software that can do this? I can't do this in the Livestream Studio? I have streamers around the world and I don't think I have wires long enough to reach me in California. XD
It's not possible to switch between sources while maintaining a single audio feed within the Livestream Studio. Audio would come from whichever video source is cued live.

I'm not aware of any software that would accomplish this workflow for video sources in different remote locations.

Best,
Jason
Old 14th September 2011, 23:04

Quote:
It's not possible to switch between sources while maintaining a single audio feed within the Livestream Studio. Audio would come from whichever video source is cued live.

I'm not aware of any software that would accomplish this workflow for video sources in different remote locations.

Best,
Jason
Is Livestream considering adding a feature where you can maintain a single audio feed between multiple sources?
Old 15th September 2011, 11:07
Livestream

Quote:
Is Livestream considering adding a feature where you can maintain a single audio feed between multiple sources?
This has been discussed, but I don't have an ETA on when this will be implemented. However this becomes much more complicated if your video is coming from remote sources. You might want to rethink your workflow, if possible.

A piece of software such as Telestream's Wirecast would enable you to switch between video sources connected to your computer while maintaining a single audio source (this software is not free). A solution might be to capture the remote video source in a media player, screen captured on your desktop. You would then be able to switch between your camera and the media player, while maintaining a single audio source.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th September 2011, 19:54

Quote:
This has been discussed, but I don't have an ETA on when this will be implemented. However this becomes much more complicated if your video is coming from remote sources. You might want to rethink your workflow, if possible.

A piece of software such as Telestream's Wirecast would enable you to switch between video sources connected to your computer while maintaining a single audio source (this software is not free). A solution might be to capture the remote video source in a media player, screen captured on your desktop. You would then be able to switch between your camera and the media player, while maintaining a single audio source.

Best,
Jason
I hope you guys implement that feature ASAP! Thanks for the support!
Old 6th October 2011, 19:13

Default Using a mic whilst playing a storyboards and videos

Hi,

I want to always have my mic on whilst streaming, however when I click on a playlist it kills my mic connection until I come back to using my webcam. Is there a setting to have the mic constantly on regardless of what video is being played?