Old 3rd October 2011, 10:20

Unhappy Recovering a Streamed Show?

Got that sick feeling in my throat this morning when we realized our livestream event wasn't recorded on Friday. Is there a way to recover a stream?
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:19
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreat View Post
Got that sick feeling in my throat this morning when we realized our livestream event wasn't recorded on Friday. Is there a way to recover a stream?
montreat,

If a clip does not record, it usually cannot be recovered on our end (although occasionally it can within 24 hours). The best way to get in touch in the event this happens is to open a ticket in our Support Center.

In the future I recommend recording locally with Procaster or your DV cam to back-up your broadcasts. You can record locally with Procaster by taking the following steps:
-Navigate to the Desktop tab of Procaster's preferences
-Check off the option to "Save video to file"

This would ensure that a back-up copy records to your hard drive. If you're using a newer version of Procaster (20.2+), recording locally is enabled by default. In this case, you'll be able to upload or re-stream the video file. This link will explain further:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...With_Procaster

Best,
Jason
Old 6th October 2011, 14:51

Default I had the Same problem

If there is a video file saved on the hard drive. You will need to cut it up into files less than 1 gigabit. Usually less than 20 minutes of video equal about 1 gigabit. The video must not be over that size or it will not upload. I have done this and it works fine. I used Windows Live Movie Maker to cut up the videos. Make a copy of your original video before you start to cut up the video.

Tags
recording, recover