Old 14th September 2011, 22:16

Exclamation Procaster help?

Okay, so I'm very new to Livestream and Procaster. I still haven't figured out Livestream yet, but I downloaded Procaster. It made everything I did on my computer very slow and laggy. It was set to normal quality, and default settings. So, I did the test thingy and here are my results

Download: 8.45 mb/s
Upload: 1.87 mb/s
Ping: 23 ms.

Grade: B-
Faster than 63% of the US
ISP: Road runner.

In Procaster settings, I also changed the quality to Mobile quality, high + medium quality or something, basically, I tried all the qualities, and it was still the same thing. Slow, and laggy.

Please, I'm quite new to this, and not very computer speechy. So, dumb down any instructions you guys can give me to improve the quality ._.

Thank youu.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:51
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnasfire500 View Post
Okay, so I'm very new to Livestream and Procaster. I still haven't figured out Livestream yet, but I downloaded Procaster. It made everything I did on my computer very slow and laggy.
Midnasfire500,

I'm not sure what operating system or platform you are operating on, but please ensure that your machine meets Procaster's system requirements. Feel free to post your computer specs (CPU, RAM, and operating system) here if you have any questions. Procaster should tell you what % of your CPU is in use as you stream - if this percentage is close to 100, your machine may be underpowered. Choosing normal or mobile quality only may improve this.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th September 2011, 15:17

I'm on a small Asus Netbook, and I'm not sure what CPU or RAM is *idiot*.

I'm pretty sure its because my computer is so....small and not very powerful. I'll be getting a desktop in a week or so, so I'll just wait till then to figure out everything.

Thank you for the help though!
Old 15th September 2011, 15:23
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnasfire500 View Post
I'm on a small Asus Netbook, and I'm not sure what CPU or RAM is *idiot*.

I'm pretty sure its because my computer is so....small and not very powerful. I'll be getting a desktop in a week or so, so I'll just wait till then to figure out everything.

Thank you for the help though!
Midnasfire500,

No problem. If you right-click "My computer" and click 'properties', you should be find the information on your CPU (processor) and RAM. Also, if you are getting a new computer soon and you plan on doing a lot of live streaming, you may want to aim for a system closer to our optimal system specs (found in the link within my last post). Just a thought.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th September 2011, 16:16

Unhappy Start recording problem PLEASE REPLY

Everything works fine until i click the start recording button, it then starts to flash and freeze. The ONLY thing i can do is reboot. I use a PC computer, I was trying to record my computer art. I only had my one test user watching. My computer is very slow and i am now clearing it up. I use Firefox (if that helps) . Any more needed info please ask.

Last edited by Momslovely; 15th September 2011 at 17:11. Reason: not enough info
Old 15th September 2011, 16:33

You should give little more details. What you was going to do? In game? desktop? camera?

What kind of computer you have? Does it meet the requirements? Software version?

You should give detailed description about your problem so that community can help you.

br, Humps
Old 15th September 2011, 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humps View Post
You should give little more details. What you was going to do? In game? desktop? camera?

What kind of computer you have? Does it meet the requirements? Software version?

You should give detailed description about your problem so that community can help you.

br, Humps
Thank you, Well i use a PC, I am not sure weather it makes the requirements and i was going to record my online drawings. Ill edit the description
Old 15th September 2011, 17:37
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momslovely View Post
Everything works fine until i click the start recording button, it then starts to flash and freeze. The ONLY thing i can do is reboot. I use a PC computer, I was trying to record my computer art. I only had my one test user watching. My computer is very slow and i am now clearing it up. I use Firefox (if that helps) . Any more needed info please ask.
Momslovely,

I have merged your post with a similar thread. Please refer to my previous posts in this thread regarding which information is needed to troubleshoot.

Best,
Jason

Tags
camera, freeze delete recording, lag, procaster, quality, slow