Old 21st July 2011, 03:15

Default Virtual DJ 7

I'm currently using Virtual DJ 7, I'm trying to stream my video mixes into my Livestream. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished. I've already downloaded Adobe Media Encoder.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:18
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshadow64 View Post
I'm currently using Virtual DJ 7, I'm trying to stream my video mixes into my Livestream. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished. I've already downloaded Adobe Media Encoder.
If you download Procaster, you'll be able to screencapture the video playing on your screen as you DJ. If your video mixes are already complete, you can upload them to the Livestream Studio. Here are a few relevant userguide links:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...wn_Video_Clips

Best,
Jason
Old 31st August 2011, 16:58

Default similar question

great info Jason. It's helped quite a bit.

Another question though: I send my video signal to a big screen tv via vga - what would be the best way to capture the full screen output - or do I just highlight the smaller display inside the software and use that for the livestream?

also in the camera section I'm given the choice of 1) VDJ 2) no camera - what would you suggest?

Thanks a ton!
Old 1st September 2011, 03:41
Livestream Producer Support

dastoy,

You can use the zoom function to decide which portion of the screen to stream. In regards to your second question, you'd want to choose no camera to capture your desktop.

Matt
Old 1st September 2011, 10:28

Thanks Matt. Just what I was looking for.

1 last question. The Procaster / nor the webcaster will reconnize my usb soundcard (NI audio 2 dj) in the pulldown options. any suggestions?
Old 1st September 2011, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastoy View Post
Thanks Matt. Just what I was looking for.

1 last question. The Procaster / nor the webcaster will reconnize my usb soundcard (NI audio 2 dj) in the pulldown options. any suggestions?
Currently, support for USB audio devices is limited. I would recommend using your built-in input/microphone jack on your computer as a work-around.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:27

hats off to the support crew around here. You guys are top notch.

I don't plan to do any talking. How best then to stream audio from the software and kill the mic
Old 1st September 2011, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastoy View Post
hats off to the support crew around here. You guys are top notch.

I don't plan to do any talking. How best then to stream audio from the software and kill the mic
Using [url=http://www.procaster.com]Procaster[/usb], you can stream the "Speakers Audio" which is any audio currently being outputted from your PC. You can also use a program such as Soundflower (MAC) or Virtual Audio Cables (Windows) to create virtual Audio sources that are application specific.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:00

A million thanks Henry. I'll try the workaround at my gig tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 6th September 2011, 17:20

Default here's what I learned

1) with the procaster you can grab the video output of VDJ either in game mode - or doing a screen capture (click on the "capture 2nd monitor" on the desktop tab)

as for sound: go to advanced output in VDJ and setup a "booth" mix on 2 channels you're not using (7&8) in my case. take a short 8th inch wire and plug one side into your mic and the other into your headphone jacks on your pc.

If your pc lagged a bit like mine you can produce the same effect with less quality using the webcaster and a free piece of software called manycam.

select manycam desktop and highlight the video out monitor inside the vdj gui. click okay and thats what your livestream viewers will see.

I hopes this helps

Tags
musicvideos, streaming, videos