Old 27th March 2011, 17:25

Question Problem to stream from an Android (HTC Desire or Galaxy Tab)

Hi,

I have tried to mobile livestream - using QIK - from an HTC Desire, and from a Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (Android v. 2.2) and no way to get it working on the livestream channel.

I have configured the Livestream channel name on "My Network" in QIK, but I cannot get the stream on Livestream, even if I get the stream properly on QIK itself.

I have tried to switch from my HTC phone to my Galaxy Tab, and to switch Livestream channels, and also tried to remove the Livestream account from QIK and to set it again... But no way...

FYI: If I'm using "Livestream producer" or "Livestream webcaster", everything is working fine with my channels and, as well, with the Facebook channel integration.

Thanks for your help !!!
Regs
sk
Old 29th March 2011, 11:23
Livestream Producer Support

stephanekoch,

Does the stream display in on the Qik channel, but not your Livestream channel that you have configured from Qik.com?

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 29th March 2011, 11:32
Livestream

If you look at Qik's supported devices, you'll see that the Galaxy tablet isn't supported. However the HTC Desire is:
http://qik.com/phones

Are you sure that you're not streaming in private mode (the lock icon should be unlocked)? I just tested and was able to successfully able to stream to my Livestream channel via Qik. If you have an older version, upgrading might help.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th August 2011, 23:21

How did you even configure your Livestream Channel on your Galazy Tab--using Qik? When I open Qik, there is no place to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanekoch View Post
Hi,

I have tried to mobile livestream - using QIK - from an HTC Desire, and from a Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (Android v. 2.2) and no way to get it working on the livestream channel.

I have configured the Livestream channel name on "My Network" in QIK, but I cannot get the stream on Livestream, even if I get the stream properly on QIK itself.

I have tried to switch from my HTC phone to my Galaxy Tab, and to switch Livestream channels, and also tried to remove the Livestream account from QIK and to set it again... But no way...

FYI: If I'm using "Livestream producer" or "Livestream webcaster", everything is working fine with my channels and, as well, with the Facebook channel integration.

Thanks for your help !!!
Regs
sk
Old 15th August 2011, 23:23

Yes, the Galaxy Tablet is too in that list. Scroll down to "Samsung" It's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
If you look at Qik's supported devices, you'll see that the Galaxy tablet isn't supported. However the HTC Desire is:
http://qik.com/phones

Best,
Jason
Old 16th August 2011, 09:07
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkwayPress View Post
Yes, the Galaxy Tablet is too in that list. Scroll down to "Samsung" It's there.
BarkwayPress,

My post that you quoted was from March 29th, and the list has since changed. Livestream integration with Qik should be completed at qik.com, so that whenever you go live with the Qik app in public mode, the stream reaches your Livestream channel as well. This link will explain:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...a_Mobile_Phone

Best,
Jason

Tags
android, galaxy tab, mobile, qik, tablet