Old 18th July 2011, 14:34

Question Ventrilo Excluded from Speaker Audio?

When using the newest version of Procaster on 64-bit Windows 7 Professional with the 64-bit Ventrilo client, all audio from the Ventrilo program is not broadcast over the stream. My microphone and all the other Speaker Audio is heard perfectly fine. I even tried Skype and it worked. This is a problem that appears to be exclusive to Vent... I have my mixer set up to broadcast my microphone and Speaker Audio, I've tried various combinations but no dice with any of them.
Old 19th July 2011, 07:55
Livestream Procaster Support

I think it's a ventrilo related problem, ventrilo might protect itself from having it's audio captured. Does the problem also exist in older versions of procaster? and could you try and capture the audio with a different program, to see if it is procaster or ventrilo.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:56

I've devised a solution by taking a 3.5mm audio cable and plugging one end into my speaker output and the other into my line in. Because I use USB headphones, I presume the audio isn't being captured because it goes directly to the headset instead of passing through stereo mix. This should be a problem for any other program but for some reason only applies to Vent. I've also been able to use Vent fine in older versions of Procaster. Regardless, I have the Ventrilo output set to "speakers" (which aren't actual speakers, they go directly to the line in) and then in the audio settings of Windows I have the line in set to be listened to by my headphones so I can hear Vent. Procaster is then able to pick up sounds coming out of Ventrilo... hopefully a newer version of Procaster will solve this bug.
Old 31st July 2011, 15:06

Default Livestream vent sounds

Hello, I am nitsuj and I got some problems. I use Procaster (with a non-verified channel free)

I currently am livestreaming my world of warcraft raiding / pvp experience.

However, I got some small problem of not recording ventrilo sounds. It does record what I say (always I don't mind that) but it doesn't record what others say at all. So if people watch my livestream they know how we communicate.

I got also another question regarding what processor / bandwith it takes for each quality for World of Warcraft(I don't mind playing on low as long as resolution is on 1920x1080.)

My rig atm is:
CPU: I7-950
GPU: 250GTS(x2)
RAM: 6gb DDR3 1666Mhz.
HD: 7200 RPM 500gb SATA

25mb/s download & 3mb/s upload.

Thank you in advance.
Nitsuj
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:43
Livestream

nitsujwow,

I've merged this with a related thread. I've brought this issue to the attention of our Procaster team. In the meantime, you may want to roll back to a previous version of Procaster to see if Ventrilo audio can be captured - or you could use the work-around the sirdeadshot has posted above.

Best,
Jason
Old 5th August 2011, 18:07
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsujwow View Post
Hello, I am nitsuj and I got some problems. I use Procaster (with a non-verified channel free)

I currently am livestreaming my world of warcraft raiding / pvp experience.

However, I got some small problem of not recording ventrilo sounds. It does record what I say (always I don't mind that) but it doesn't record what others say at all. So if people watch my livestream they know how we communicate.

I got also another question regarding what processor / bandwith it takes for each quality for World of Warcraft(I don't mind playing on low as long as resolution is on 1920x1080.)

My rig atm is:
CPU: I7-950
GPU: 250GTS(x2)
RAM: 6gb DDR3 1666Mhz.
HD: 7200 RPM 500gb SATA

25mb/s download & 3mb/s upload.

Thank you in advance.
Nitsuj
If you can, please ensure your Ventrilio audio output is the same as your speaker output.

As far as the output, you can change your broadcast resolution and bitrate while you are in the custom preset.

Tags
64-bit, audio problem, inbound, procaster, quality, skype, sound issue, ventrilo