Old 4th August 2011, 18:04

Angry Need Help With Equipment for Live Streming Beach Events

Ok, it's been WEEKS of me trying to research and find a convicing solution for this, but I have found nothing clear. I would think what I need isn't so unconventional...

First of all, are there such things as wireless webcams? Why not?! A blutetooth webcam? A wi-fi webcam? A 2.4 Ghz wireless webcam? What gives?

Here is what I need to do:

I need to live stream events at different beaches. Internet access is no problem, I got that covered, here is what I can't seem to find how to do though:

I need to place 2 or 3 cameras (webcams ideally?) at different locations where the event will take place. Then I need that video to go into my laptop (not so near the cameras that I can use a cable) so that I can then live stream a video of the event while switching between the 2 or 3 cameras on LiveStream.

Why is that so hard?!

Can anyone help me with an understandable setup? Please, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Limitations: I have to be able to mount and dismount the setup relatively easily.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th August 2011, 19:59
Livestream Producer Support

roderpol,

In order to accomplish this workflow you would need to utilize hardware such as the Teradek Cube or LiveU Livepack, both of which are integrated to be used with Livestream and Livestream Studio to switch feeds.

http://cdn.livestream.com/cube
http://www.livestream.com/platform/livepack

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 5th August 2011, 13:58

I had seen those options, but from what I understand, that helps me stream one single camera per channel. I was looking to switch between 2 or 3 cameras while streaming.

Is that possible with either option?
Old 5th August 2011, 14:32
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by roderpol View Post
I had seen those options, but from what I understand, that helps me stream one single camera per channel. I was looking to switch between 2 or 3 cameras while streaming.

Is that possible with either option?
You can switch cameras through the Livestream Studio. You would stream each camera to your channel, and cue the desired live feed from the Livestream Studio.

Best,
Jason

Tags
beach, hardware, stream, webcam, wireless