Old 26th July 2011, 15:23

Default World of Warcraft FPS Loss With Procaster

I've been experiencing a notable drop in FPS in World of Warcraft whenever I attempt to stream live using Procaster. This has only begun in the last couple of weeks. The game runs smoothly at 60 FPS on its own, but as soon as I turn on streaming, it drops to 45 or so (while idling). In heavy graphic situations in the game, it can drop to 20-30, and there's been a few instances where it's hit as low as 6 FPS. Procaster itself runs around 22 FPS. I've had to discontinue live streaming because my performance in the game is severely affected.

I believed this coincided with my updating to the latest Procaster. However, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version (20.0.151) I had prior to that and the problem continues to persist.

I run Procaster in Capture Desktop mode; I've attempted to use Capture Game mode but did not like it/preferred Desktop. The capture is set to Normal Quality.

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20 GHz
12GB RAM
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 video cards

World of Warcraft has run both on DivX 9, then 11, then I changed it back to 9.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I'd like to resume streaming for my guild.
Old 27th July 2011, 06:52
Livestream Procaster Support

Could you install the beta (version 20.2.15) and see the CPU usage it reports when you aren't live (you use game capture mode, it now has the cpu usage in the HUD).
Old 28th July 2011, 20:19

Thanks for the speedy response.

I've installed 20.2.15 beta and the game HUD is telling me my CPU usage is around 17-18% while not recording live. As a side note, when I begin streaming live CPU usage is 22-24% and game FPS dips between 55 down to 45.

Tags
fps, procaster, warcraft