Old 8th July 2011, 21:58

Default No mic audio or ANY audio... (Win. 7)

My microphone itself works just fine, I tested it time after time, but the audio mixer in procaster doesn't even acknowledge my microphone. Heck, nothing I try to put as an option can capture any sort of audio. Not even my speaker produces sound on my channel. No one can hear me and it's really becoming a problem...

My microphone is a logitech usb mic. Oddly enough, I COULD get audio back when I was using XP and an older version of procaster.

Last edited by NamewithNumbers; 8th July 2011 at 22:02. Reason: Elaborated a little more.
Old 10th July 2011, 18:09
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamewithNumbers View Post
My microphone itself works just fine, I tested it time after time, but the audio mixer in procaster doesn't even acknowledge my microphone. Heck, nothing I try to put as an option can capture any sort of audio. Not even my speaker produces sound on my channel. No one can hear me and it's really becoming a problem...

My microphone is a logitech usb mic. Oddly enough, I COULD get audio back when I was using XP and an older version of procaster.
NamewithNumbers,

Procaster doesn't support USB audio devices, which is likely the cause of your issue. You can find older versions of Procaster at the link below, but please keep in mind that versions prior to 20.0.151 may not be fully functioning.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...caster_Release

Best,
Jason
Old 13th July 2011, 20:26

Actually I found 2 USB devices that work in procaster when using USB mics... If you set your microphone to defualt recording device and run one audio as default input device it will hear what the mic is putting out.

Microsoft LX 3000 Lifechat mic worked when I used at my grandparents house and the one I use at my house is a Logitech G35 Headset. Both USB devices and as long as I set them as Defualt recording devices and use sound mixer in Procaster using one as Default input audio it lets the USB Headsets work. I used both 20.2 and the newest one now and have both my usb mics work.

::Setting up USB Mics in Procaster for Windows 7::

1. Right click Speaker symbol and click on Recording devices.
2. Find your USB MIC your using and set as Default
3. In procaster in audio mixer set one device for mic as Default Input Device (this is actually Recording Device default in Windows recording sound device)
4. For game/audio from pc use Speakers Audio setting. This will hear all sounds going thru speakers.

This is how I got my pc sound to work and my usb Mics to work. Hope this helps you.

Last edited by HolyDeath3000; 13th July 2011 at 20:32. Reason: New Information

Tags
microphone, problems, procaster, windows 7