Old 1st July 2011, 11:15

Unhappy Need help understanding something.

I have all the recording options unchecked on my Livestream Podcaster, but after every session it prompts to name and save the recording. This last session I aired, I left everything as is, and saved a recording as prompted. I cannot find where the recording is saved nor any proving it was ever recorded, let alone where to look. I have looked in my local files, livestream's library, and the podcaster, but there is nothing.

Please help :C
Old 1st July 2011, 16:59

I would try to reinstall Procaster and see if that works the problem out.

Anyway, Procaster has serveral options on recording;
On-Demand; Saves your videos on the livestream.com/yourstream , library.
Auto Record; Records all your streams and adds them to users\documents\My videos\

Double check if you have theese options ON, and check the folders. Maybe try doing a search? They are normally named; "Livestream Procaster" followed by the date

Sorry if that didnt help.
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:58

I've checked everything again but no luck.:C
The On-demand and Auto-recording were unchecked and the only one checked in the Livestream tab of the options was Live. In the Desktop tab, the "save videos to file" box was also unchecked.

I'll reinstall the podcastor and see if that will help.
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:52
Livestream Procaster Support

The question you are receiving is for remote recordings, not local recordings, you don't need to re-install procaster, what you simply need to do is go into the settings, and disable "auto-record" [ ] "Record my livestreams" on the livestream tab.
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
The question you are receiving is for remote recordings, not local recordings, you don't need to re-install procaster, what you simply need to do is go into the settings, and disable "auto-record" [ ] "Record my livestreams" on the livestream tab.
I don't care about the missing recording anymore, since I can't find a hint of it online where I first thought it should be. The Livestream library is empty, the studio is empty with empty folders too, and the last place I looked, my local files did not have the file either. However the option to automaticly send it to the library was turned off along with the save video to files option, so one can put one and one together ask why prompt to save a recording when it was set not to record, let alone after pressing the green save button it never asked where to save the file when there is no set destination or at least not that you would know, surely this can't be right.

I've stated in my first post and previous post, all recording options, which includes the auto record option, were all turned OFF. Last I've checked, an unchecked box means OFF, and by unchecked, there shouldn't be a check in something like this [ ]. With all said options turned OFF, and after each and every stream still prompts to save a recording. By "understand", I not only want to know how to fix it, but more importantly if that was EVER supposed to happen because what I "simply need to do.." was already done BEFORE it prompts to save a recording.

If it is a glitch, then that means the podcaster never recorded a thing according it its settings (like it should) and it just prompts to save nothing anyway (like it shouldn't), and it should be gone with the procastor I had uninstall over 14hours ago. It also means I wasted time looking for a file that doesn't exist.
If not, well I can reinstall it again anytime or use the webcaster instead.

Sorry for the caps, but I need to highlight keywords somehow.
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:14
Livestream Producer Support

If you are using version .151, this is a bug that was fixed in the latest public version (2.2).
Old 4th July 2011, 12:11

Yep problem's solved.
thanks ^^

Tags
podcastor, recording