Old 30th June 2011, 10:35

Unhappy Embedded viewer sporadically showing viewers

The Livestream embedded player we are currently using on our webiste is the standard default video widget from the Livestream studio. I have a couple users that claim to be able to see the number of current viewers on the embedded player and also have a full screen option. I verified that the users are watching the correct link with the embedded player and not somehow getting to livestream and wathcing the channel. I don't see how they can see the active number of users and have a full screen option, when I don't see that as an option on the default embedded player. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:39
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightVideo View Post
The Livestream embedded player we are currently using on our webiste is the standard default video widget from the Livestream studio. I have a couple users that claim to be able to see the number of current viewers on the embedded player and also have a full screen option. I verified that the users are watching the correct link with the embedded player and not somehow getting to livestream and wathcing the channel. I don't see how they can see the active number of users and have a full screen option, when I don't see that as an option on the default embedded player. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
LightVideo,

The reason your player embed is not showing a fullscreen button or view count is because you have these options disabled in your Channel Configuration page. I would recommend re-enabling these features.

-
Rick Stern
Old 30th June 2011, 11:01

Thanks for the timely response Rich. I did look and both those options were unchecked on my channel configuration. I am still perplexed as to how some users could still see this information if the channel was not configured that way.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:08

Can you link me to the location of the embedded player?

-
Rick Stern
Old 30th June 2011, 11:30

http://www.maintenanceengineering.info/index_embed.htm

I have since changed the configuration of the channel to display full screen and show visitors with min=5.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:35

The viewer count should now be hidden until it reaches 5 viewers.

Fullscreen is displaying as well.

-
Rick Stern