Old 25th June 2011, 03:49

Question Also CPU Problems

Having a nearly identical problem that was described in this post:

http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7249

Additionally, I've been encountering two other issues:

1) I will go live, and on my end, everything looks normal. Says I'm live, I can see how many people are viewing, etc. However, the viewers still see pilots until I have another member of the channel re-cue me.

2) During the going offline process, Procaster takes much longer now to end its work for some type of 3D video setting. If this is what I think it is, I'd rather have this option off entirely because I know none of the viewers of my channel even have a 3D monitor or TV. Sadly, I can't find an option to disable this.

My info:

CPU - Intel 1.6 Ghz
RAM - 2GB
Video Card - nvidia geforce go 6800
Operating system - Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3
Procaster version - 20.2
Procaster preset you're using - Mobile (though I have tried nearly every setting with the same result)
Results from speedtest.net to NYC:
> Ping 56 ms
> Down 1.86 mbps
> Up 0.43 mbps

I know I am working with an older computer and my internet is laughably bad, but with previous versions of procaster I was able to use the normal quality setting and could stream without issues.

I've attempted to go into my task manager and get rid of all unneeded programs to free up my system as much as I possibly can, but this doesn't seem to fix the issue. I've gone through the long process of defragging my harddrive, doing virus/spy ware scans, etc, but, again, still having the same issues.

So, is my computer simply no longer capable of streaming with this newer version of procaster or is there a fix to this problem?
Old 25th June 2011, 08:33
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvicious View Post
Having a nearly identical problem that was described in this post:

http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7249

Additionally, I've been encountering two other issues:

1) I will go live, and on my end, everything looks normal. Says I'm live, I can see how many people are viewing, etc. However, the viewers still see pilots until I have another member of the channel re-cue me.

2) During the going offline process, Procaster takes much longer now to end its work for some type of 3D video setting. If this is what I think it is, I'd rather have this option off entirely because I know none of the viewers of my channel even have a 3D monitor or TV. Sadly, I can't find an option to disable this.

My info:

CPU - Intel 1.6 Ghz
RAM - 2GB
Video Card - nvidia geforce go 6800
Operating system - Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3
Procaster version - 20.2
Procaster preset you're using - Mobile (though I have tried nearly every setting with the same result)
Results from speedtest.net to NYC:
> Ping 56 ms
> Down 1.86 mbps
> Up 0.43 mbps

I know I am working with an older computer and my internet is laughably bad, but with previous versions of procaster I was able to use the normal quality setting and could stream without issues.

I've attempted to go into my task manager and get rid of all unneeded programs to free up my system as much as I possibly can, but this doesn't seem to fix the issue. I've gone through the long process of defragging my harddrive, doing virus/spy ware scans, etc, but, again, still having the same issues.

So, is my computer simply no longer capable of streaming with this newer version of procaster or is there a fix to this problem?
Hello,

Your system specs will simply not support the newer version of Procaster. It has optimized many features but unfortunately requires a beefier machine. Here are the minimum specs:

* Pentium Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or Higher
* 2GB RAM
* 600Kbps upload bandwidth
* Dedicated video card, 256MB VRAM
* Windows XP / Vista
* Mac OS X 10.5 or higher

With that in mind, I recommend downgrading to the version you were using prior. You can find older versions here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...caster_Release
Old 25th June 2011, 20:12

Uninstalled Procaster 20.2 and installed 20.0.95. Thanks, Henry, this fixed the issue. Last question - will I be able to continue using this version of procaster or will eventually livestream get updated and it will stop working eventually? Thanks again!
Old 26th June 2011, 14:10
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvicious View Post
Uninstalled Procaster 20.2 and installed 20.0.95. Thanks, Henry, this fixed the issue. Last question - will I be able to continue using this version of procaster or will eventually livestream get updated and it will stop working eventually? Thanks again!
Hello,

I'm glad downgrading fixed the issue for you. I can't guarantee that this version will always work as we make changes to the service.

Tags
cpu, cpu 80%, fps, frame rate, going live