Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 23rd June 2011, 07:02
Livestream Procaster Support

With the current addition of NickdeClaw we have a preliminary feature list:

Bugs reported on the forum
Feature requests
-2x id like to see the return of usernames to live stream titles to be available in studio and through getCurrentContentTitle()
-2x bring back "Preview only" Stream
-1x maybe the ability to edit the text in the scrolling ticker through procaster? it's a hassle to open studio every time to do this.
-1x it would be very nice if procaster would remember your settings from previous installations since it is updated so frequently.
-1x Option to manually adjust Audio Offset in both directions
-1x Able to set the recordings directory other than My Videos (I'm also for this)
-1x Able to choose which qualities to record to hard disk
-2x Able to stream files from your hard drive (kind of an auto-pilot from an pc)
-1x Adjust 2d camera size

We didn't decide yet if we are going to implement any of these features, or discard any of them. If you have any feature request that you feel should be on the list, or want to have an extra vote to have it included. Please reply to this thread with the feature you want.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:43

Default easycap

compatibility with the easycap capture card, which this new version seems to have lost.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:10

The fix for the issue described in this thread:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25242

Implementation of it described in this post:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/show...42&postcount=7

Also, I would opt for a way to record videos without going "Live" (meaning, an offline recording as opposed to always streaming). Other applications (such as XSplit) allow for this type of recording. Then, you could additionally have the ability to add them to your "On Demand" library later. You don't necessarily have to stream them to have them in your "On Demand" library.
Old 24th June 2011, 08:10

pibsm, please save your log files (settings --> video --> save logs) to procaster@livestream.com so we can look at it.

Transgenic, added it to the internal list. I will publish it with the next list.
Old 24th June 2011, 19:15

Support for 1920x1200 resolution and other non 16:9 ratio resolutions. This is my native resolution which provides the best quality for me, and some games its hard to play at different resolutions because images and text are distorted.
Old 25th June 2011, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDreth View Post
Support for 1920x1200 resolution and other non 16:9 ratio resolutions. This is my native resolution which provides the best quality for me, and some games its hard to play at different resolutions because images and text are distorted.
We currently support resolutions up to 1600x1200, you can set a different aspect ratio than 16:9 if you disable "preserve aspect ratio"

If you want to stream 1920x1200 pending on the quality you want, you need to have a really good internet connection and a really good pc.
Old 25th June 2011, 17:55

Add my vote for the "Preview Only" streaming mode.
Something I would Like to see would be the ability to keep the recording box locked to a specific aspect ratio when resizing, such as a "Ctrl+click-and-drag" on the corners of the box, to avoid text/game being distorted.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:49

Another Game I found to be supported by Procaster for this version and be added to compatibility list of games:

Red Faction Armageddon does work in game mode livestream. For Both Directx11 and Directx 9...

Are proof of livestream ability...
For DX11: http://livestre.am/QjU0

For DX9: http://livestre.am/QkFu
Old 27th June 2011, 18:53

Default Procaster Glitch

Every time I start up Procaster, the program makes my web browsers extremely buggy. Regardless of whether I start broadcasting or not, the flash plugin immediately stops working after which my browser becomes unresponsive to the point that I have to force quit. This problem is not limited to one specific browser and does not go away until I restart my computer entirely. I didn't have this problem up until Procaster 20 and I would like to be able to use a version more current than 10.0.124. Aside from that I love your program, I only wish it was less detrimental to my computer's functionality.
Old 27th June 2011, 23:09

First of all, thanks HolyDeath3000.

And WTF,
Which browser are you using?

And could you do the following:
-Download the adobe flash uninstaller from the following location: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html but DON'T run the uninstaller yet
-Close all programs that use flash (Browsers, procaster, RSS readers, close as many things as possible)
-Run the uninstaller
-Start procaster to confirm that flash is uninstalled (start procaster, without going live, click the "Chat" tab.
-Install flash through procaster by clicking on the text now in the chat window