Old 23rd May 2011, 08:44

Question Procaster causes lag and freezing

I downloaded procaster the other day to screencast my art but every time i use it, it causes my laptop to lag and freeze alot. I have Windows7 and when using procaster, i need to change my colour settings to basic. When livestreaming i use PaintToolSAI, iTunes and the internet. Is there anyway i could reduce or get rid of the lag and freezing? I don't know any computer lingo so i might need more explanation ^^; Thanks ~
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:52
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiyoriHotaru View Post
I downloaded procaster the other day to screencast my art but every time i use it, it causes my laptop to lag and freeze alot. I have Windows7 and when using procaster, i need to change my colour settings to basic. When livestreaming i use PaintToolSAI, iTunes and the internet. Is there anyway i could reduce or get rid of the lag and freezing? I don't know any computer lingo so i might need more explanation ^^; Thanks ~
Hello,

If you can please let me know the specs of the computer you are trying to stream with.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:36

Question Ok...

Sorry, how do i find the specifications? i've been onto my computer properties.

Oh, and when it begins to lag really bad, this message appears on the screen - 'quality resolution suggestion. It seems that the broadcast is not able to reach the FPS requested. You might want to lower the nquality in the main procaster dialog' would doing this help? If so, how do i access thw main Procaster dialog?
Old 24th May 2011, 10:44
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiyoriHotaru View Post
Sorry, how do i find the specifications? i've been onto my computer properties.

Oh, and when it begins to lag really bad, this message appears on the screen - 'quality resolution suggestion. It seems that the broadcast is not able to reach the FPS requested. You might want to lower the nquality in the main procaster dialog' would doing this help? If so, how do i access thw main Procaster dialog?
OK if you can, please send us your procaster logs to procaster@livestream.com

Tags
colour, freeze, lag, procaster, windows7