New Procaster MAC beta available (UPDATED 12/12/2011)
Today we are releasing Procaster BETA version 20.2.27 for MAC OSX. This version has a few bug and stability fixes.
-1 audio frame off with dv camera's
-2 audio frames off with Matrox
-1080i 60 not available for the Matrox
-DV Camera fix
-Desktop Audio Fix (no longer a reboot required for Snow Leopard and Lion)
-Mute issues fixed (where all audio gets muted)
Download it here: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.27.pkg
-Automix not enabled by default
-Memory leak fix in audio dialog
-Fixed audio synchronisation webcams
-Improved 2d/3d "earthquake"
-Memory leak fixes
-DV Camera doesn't automatically start/stop anymore (for recording purposes)
-4:3 & 16:9 aspect ratio fixed for web camera's
-You can now change the sample rate on multi quality.
-Small performance improvements.
-Blackmagic sdk updated.
-Memory leak fixes when streaming desktop
-Various DV camera fixes
-Language support for English And Russian (more languages to follow)
-Ability to "Only record highest quality" when streaming with multiple bitrates
NO LONGER SUPPORT FOR LEOPARD (10.5), MINIMAL REQUIRED VERSION IS NOW SNOW LEOPARD (10.6)
-Huge improvement on 2d/3d/screen grabbing
-DV Camera's Fixed (No need to do some weird tricks with it)
We have a new procaster release. I have to note that there are still 2 issues which are:
-Resizing and moving around the capture rectangle, but good speed when you actually stay still
-The option to save the videos to a own chosen location doesn't work (you can choose a folder, but the videos will still be stored in your Videos folder)
We have fixed the following:
-Capture Speed on camera's
-Problem with starting camera's (especially in 2d or 3d mode)
-Desktop audio capture works again
-Duplicate keys into the chat.
-Adding the default Microphone
-Adding back support for Mac Leopard
We have fixed the issue with not being able to capture the desktop in Lion, it has come with a downside, version 10.5 (Leopard) is no longer working with Procaster, version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is now the minimal version.
The only other change is that Maximizing the preview window doesn't crash Procaster anymore
-Crashes when you make the preview window full screen.
-Webcam streaming is smoother
-The build in i-Sight and the HD Facetime camera's are now certified devices
-Checks for minimal 1 audio source available when going live
-DV Cam improvement (frame synchronisation, when switching between PAL/NTSC, you need to restart your mac)
New features :
- Video quality improvement
- Audio quality improvement
- HD Multi Bitrate - You can now select qualities to stream at two, three or four bitrates at the same time (If you have enough resources - CPU/Memory/Bandwidth etc…). The new Livestream Player now offers the ability for the user to select any of the streams you are publishing from Procaster. This only works with live streams, the recorded stream will be the main default stream (typically a 400-600Kbps stream). Please ensure that you are using a Quad Core i7 cpu or higher for HD
- Anti-Lag feature - Procaster does not build delay if you have a connection issue. It warns you in the control bar and continues encoding. When the connection recovers, it resumes 2-6 seconds behind realtime (in the past it would have resumed where it had issue, thus creating lag). The local record file in the My Videos folder however has the all the content. Anti lag feature can be disabled in the settings
- Continue to record while loosing your internet connection
- If you lose the internet connection Procaster will tell you so, but continue to record to a local file and encode (simply remove the ethernet plug to test)
- You can then replug the internet and it will reconnect automatically to Livestream and go live while the recording locally will have everything.
- Perfect audio synchronization on the live stream at all frame rates
- Perfect audio sync on the recorded file. Recorded MP4 file can be edited in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro with full audio sync
- Live Color corrector (enable in preference/video to enable it)
- Blackmagic Decklink 720p input frame conversion improvement resulting in improved video and audio quality
- New CPU% Indicator on the the control bar
- Bit rate control improvement (other version spiked too much)
- Recording of all bitrates to My Videos by default
- GUI fixes and updates
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Last edited by RonaldH; 16th December 2011 at 18:44. Reason: Added beta 20.2.27
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|