Old 15th May 2011, 11:46

Default LiveStream Recordings -- Where do they go?

Okay so I've been toying around with the free Procaster software with my LiveStream account. Whenever I click Stop to stop my screencast, it seem to ask me a name. It states "Name your recording to save:". I entered some random name and clicked on Save Recording. I was expecting that session of streaming to be saved on my Video Library but apparently, it isn't?

So I have this big question of WHERE are those screencasts going? Where are they getting saved at? Are they being stored on my computer locally?

Please enlighten me on my above questions. Thank you!

Last edited by ShedoSurashu; 15th May 2011 at 11:49.
Old 15th May 2011, 15:06
Livestream Producer Support

Livestream recordings are recorded into your Livestream Studio as long as you have the preference, "auto-record" selected in Procaster. In order to save locally you'll need to have the option "save video to file" checked in the desktop tab in preferences.

Matt
Old 15th May 2011, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Livestream recordings are recorded into your Livestream Studio as long as you have the preference, "auto-record" selected in Procaster. In order to save locally you'll need to have the option "save video to file" checked in the desktop tab in preferences.

Matt
Hi, I tried checking out LiveStream Studio (http://www.livestream.com/studio/) but apparently, none of my previous streams were there? And yes, I have the option to auto-record, enabled on my Procaster.
Old 17th May 2011, 11:00
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShedoSurashu View Post
Hi, I tried checking out LiveStream Studio (http://www.livestream.com/studio/) but apparently, none of my previous streams were there? And yes, I have the option to auto-record, enabled on my Procaster.
Did you have "Live" checked as well? If not, Procaster won't go automatically live to your channel; instead you'll have to manually cue the source through the Livestream Studio.

After looking at your library, it seems that you've successfully broadcast and recorded to your channel.

Best,
Jason

Tags
recording, save, screencast