Old 4th March 2010, 11:28

Default Question about YouTube importing & Java

Hey guys, I used to use this service around a year ago when it was Mogulus and YouTube importing was a breeze, just put the URL in and drag to the storyboard, it was great. Now ive returned and even though im very impressed with the change to livestream and some of the new features, I noticed that the way YouTube clips are imported are changed.. Why is Java now a requirement to import youtube videos, its asking me to install an applet to my computer when before this wasnt required.

It then got me thinking, does the move to uploading youtube videos via the Java script mean that the videos from youtube are first being downloaded to the users PC and then uploaded from the users PC to the livestream server? or is it still as it was, livestream directly grabbing the file from YouTube?

I have monthly usage limits with my provider so it wouldnt be ideal for each youtube video I want on my channel to have to be downloaded to my PC first and then uploaded from my PC to the server.

Thanks in advance
Old 1st May 2011, 13:30

Talking

~BUMP~

I want to know the answer to this as well. I get that your using the java applet to get the download link, since it's now tied to an ip - but I want confirmation on whether it's downloading to the users computer and then reuploading?

I think this should be clearly stipulated if that's the case.
Old 10th May 2011, 15:29
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbobs View Post
I get that your using the java applet to get the download link, since it's now tied to an ip - but I want confirmation on whether it's downloading to the users computer and then reuploading?

I think this should be clearly stipulated if that's the case.
This is correct, cbobs. When importing from YouTube into one's Livestream Studio, the YouTube file is downloaded to the user's temporary files and then imported into their video library.

Best,
Jason

Tags
bandwidth, java, streaming, youtube