Old 16th February 2009, 15:54

Default Live feed won't auto-reconnect

I have a remote live feed streaming over wireless 3g(AT&T). It is set to attempt auto reconnect every 3 seconds forever if it gets disconnected and I have verified it works perfectly.

If I lose the signal while streaming (using FME ) the Mogulus broadcast image freezes.
It appears to be able to wait for the stream to start again for about 6-10 minutes. (it seems a bit random, anyone know the exact time?)
If a viewer attempts to tune in during this outage all they see is the "Tuning" message and static.

If the stream starts again, within this time out window, from my remote cam the broadcast picks up and continues.

After the 6-10 minute or so waiting period the broadcast reverts to Auto-pilot and the remote camera in Studio disappears.

After that the camera will not auto-reconnect. I have to stop and start the FME encoder on the remote camera.

Can anyone tell me if the time out can be changed (in studio)?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the remote to automatically reconnect and begin the live broadcast again? (I don't think isAutoLive effects this reconnect issue).

Is there anyway to autoplay a "We have lost our signal please stay tuned" message when the live feeds stops? Clearly mogulus can tell it stopped and starts the timer.

Last edited by XXXOffroad; 16th February 2009 at 16:22.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:48

Question Cannot Stream on Mogulus since early Monday 2-16-09

Evidently I am not the only one experiencing these auto-reconnect issues. I too have tried different computers, lowered the bit rate to 200, tried Flash Encoders 2.5 and 3.0, and still the stream stops and NO Camera shows on my studio page. Does anyone else have the same problem? I've e-mailed Mogulus, and haven't received a response. It is very frustrating and annoying to both my viewers and myself. This problem appeared this passed Thursday and has gotten worse and more frequent. Up to that time, the stream ran continuously with occassional "freezes".
Is this an issue that Mogulus has to deal with? Will a Static IP connection help? Any Answers or suggestions? Thanks.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:59

I have no problems getting the encoder to attach to Mogulus.
FME is only tested to run for 7 days before you need to restart it.
It has an auto-restart command line option.

I am wondering of the time out I am looking for is actually on the FME side rather than at Mogulus.
I don't think this is the case since the encoder log is well over 800 "Re-establishing connection" attempts and ticking still.

Last edited by XXXOffroad; 16th February 2009 at 17:16.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:25

So a bunch more testing tells me this is not a time out issue but something at Mogulus simply giving up and disconnecting my camera.

It is VERY random and does not always even happen. Just 9-10 times.

Help! This is going to truly suck during a live broadcast. Its pretty much
impossible to stop while racing and play producer to make things re-connect.

Worse yet how will I know it stopped?

Last edited by XXXOffroad; 16th February 2009 at 18:31.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:40
Banned

i had this problem too.
Today, I needed to go so I wanted to treat my viewers to put live signal. So i left it. the thing is that when I came back, I notice the signal was not passing on the channel but it was still running. Is there a limit now when passing from FME with the free service???
this was not a problem before Pro came out and we were force to put it at max 500kb.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:49

Well I just realized that Studio tends to crash. Simply hanging and not working anymore
forcing me to reload the page an essentially restarting Studio.

After I restart Studio it does not see the remote cameras anymore.

The remote cameras FME log says they are attached and streaming to the server.
Apparently the Flash Streaming server is maintaining the connect but Studio is not
finding them after it starts again.

This means that you have to stop and start the FME so that a new session is created.

This is really bad juju.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:15

Question Static IPhn Address

Does anyone use a static IP address when configured to Mogulus? Perhaps when the feed is disconnected and not reconnected, the streaming computer's IP changes and Mogulus can not recover it. With a Static IP Adress, the streaming computer's IP never changes. It's always the same. Any comments?

Thanks
John
Old 17th February 2009, 11:12

My IPs have not changed.