Old 13th April 2011, 08:45

Default Wirecast 4 & Livestream iOS

Hey guys,
Just wondering if it's possible to stream using Wirecast 4 and have the resulting Livestream video be iOS compatible?
Old 13th April 2011, 13:46
Livestream Producer Support

To stream to both your channel page and mobile devices I would recommend using Procaster.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 13th April 2011, 16:31
Livestream

Your stream will be iOS compatible as long as it's encoded in H.264 (mp4) format with AAC audio. Also, your viewers must have enough bandwidth to watch. Procaster is recommended for streaming to mobile devices, because it generates a high quality stream for PC users and a mobile quality stream for mobile users simultaneously.

Best,
Jason
Old 17th April 2011, 16:32
Livestream Community Help

In Wirecast, this should work.

 Open Wirecast and enter "Broadcast settings"
 In that section, Add a new destination by clicking on the '+' below the list.
 Select "Flash Low Bandwidth" as the Encoder Preset
 Destination: RTMP Flash Sever
+Address: Input the following address:

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/channelname/username=UserName/password=YourPassword/isAutoLive=true/iphone=true
--replace information in bold with your own credentials

 User Agent: Wirecast/FM 1.0->Stream name : Any one word name without space or
special charecters Ex:
"stream"
Old 8th May 2011, 22:50

It seems Wirecast 4 will now stream to iOS devices as long as your encoder settings are within the specs the iOS device can handle. No longer need to enter in the rtmp parameters. Using the Wirecast Livesream built in setup works fine.
Old 10th May 2011, 16:40
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
It seems Wirecast 4 will now stream to iOS devices as long as your encoder settings are within the specs the iOS device can handle. No longer need to enter in the rtmp parameters. Using the Wirecast Livesream built in setup works fine.
This is true for FMLE as well - the mobile detection is now based on metadata rather than the rtmp parameters.

Best,
Jason
Old 10th November 2011, 23:40

Default multiple bitrates

What settings need to be in place in order for me to stream a mobile/medium/hd stream like in Procaster? I use Wirecast because I need 4 inputs and live switching. Since Wirecast supports completely customizable broadcast settings, what settings should be used? Can I Just send 3 streams to my livestream account, and livestream will automatically play the appropriate stream depending on the viewer? IE: mobile gets mobile stream, hard line gets hd...
Old 10th November 2011, 23:56

To stream to Livestream from Wirecast and have it create an iOS compatible stream do the following. Use either 640x480 (4:3) or 640x360 (16:9), a combined video and audio bit rate less than 500kbps and set the Profile to Baseline (that's an important part people miss).

Last edited by cseeman; 10th November 2011 at 23:58.
Old 11th November 2011, 00:01

So in addition to my normal HD stream (1200kbps, 720p/24) I can add a 2nd stream with those specs and livestream will know to deliver that stream to iOS devices and the main stream to everyone else..?
Old 15th November 2011, 11:43

Default Did you find a solution?

Hi Drake, did you ever find a solution for this since I have the exact same problem. I contacted LiveStream support but they do not have a solution nor do they know with Procaster will be updated to support multiple camera's. My current idea is to use Wirecast to mix the camera's and then use Procaster to capture the screen of Wirecast. I know its not the best solution but I am going to test it and see if I have any issues. This will allow me to use Wirecast to mix my camera's and then capture the output with Procaster and send it out as High and Mobile.