Old 3rd March 2011, 19:33

Lightbulb Allow embedding of the Facebook/Twitter Chat

The channel-page tabbed social media chat box is wonderful. I (and from the forums, others) would love to see that element be embeddable. It was part of the reason we went with Livestream.

Are there technical reasons its not? Would love to hear if it's in the roadmap, or the reasons it's not. Thanks!

Allan White
Media Producer, Luis Palau Association
Old 4th March 2011, 12:13
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by palau View Post
The channel-page tabbed social media chat box is wonderful. I (and from the forums, others) would love to see that element be embeddable. It was part of the reason we went with Livestream.

Are there technical reasons its not? Would love to hear if it's in the roadmap, or the reasons it's not. Thanks!

Allan White
Media Producer, Luis Palau Association
Hey palau, I'll be happy to add this as a feature request. However you can always do this on your own through using the Facebook and Twitter APIs.

Best
Jason
Old 28th April 2011, 16:15

Unhappy The ask is for Twitter/Facebook in same widget, which was promised....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Hey palau, I'll be happy to add this as a feature request. However you can always do this on your own through using the Facebook and Twitter APIs.

Best
Jason
Jason - We can't do "this" on our own using Facebook and Twitter APIs, if "this" is creating a tabbed chat window where you can switch between Livestream, Twitter, and Facebook chats by clicking on tabs. Can we?

I think you're suggesting creating other boxes on our pages for these streams, but there is no room and that would make it too cluttered. What everyone is asking for is the same chat widget you have in the channel screens. And I've been poking around a bit, there clearly are many requests for this feature.

Not only that, but the "User Experience Project" docs hint that this is being developed, and will be released "shortly." However, I don't believe this User Guide page is terribly new (dates please!).

See: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...e#New_Chatting
Old 28th April 2011, 19:19
Livestream Producer Support

edweek,

The chat reference is in regards to the channel page not the embed player. We will update this section of the User Guide.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support

Tags
chat, embed, embedding, facebook, twitter