Old 24th April 2011, 11:41

Default Procaster Not Streaming

I've had this happen several times now...I start streaming with Procaster, and everything looks normal on my end. The counter counts up the length of the stream just fine, the frame rate is moving between 29.9 and 30.1 like normal and the stream is going at 390-500 Kbps, like normal. However, the stream is frozen for my viewers. Restarting the stream usually fixes it, but there's no way to tell when it's going to happen. The only pattern I can find is that it never happens in the middle of streaming, only right after starting it.

Specs:
-Procaster for Mac 20.0.89
-Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.6
-2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
-4 GB of RAM
-Procaster uses 95-120% of the CPU while streaming, according to activity monitor. 60% user, 10% system, 30% idle.
-Firefox is the only other program running, needed to check if the stream is working or not

Is this something you've heard of happening before? Is there anything I can do to make it stop happening?

Thanks!
Old 24th April 2011, 11:51
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelevantChurch View Post
I've had this happen several times now...I start streaming with Procaster, and everything looks normal on my end. The counter counts up the length of the stream just fine, the frame rate is moving between 29.9 and 30.1 like normal and the stream is going at 390-500 Kbps, like normal. However, the stream is frozen for my viewers. Restarting the stream usually fixes it, but there's no way to tell when it's going to happen. The only pattern I can find is that it never happens in the middle of streaming, only right after starting it.

Specs:
-Procaster for Mac 20.0.89
-Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.6
-2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
-4 GB of RAM
-Procaster uses 95-120% of the CPU while streaming, according to activity monitor. 60% user, 10% system, 30% idle.
-Firefox is the only other program running, needed to check if the stream is working or not

Is this something you've heard of happening before? Is there anything I can do to make it stop happening?
RelevantChurch,

Have you isolated whether this on the end of your viewers? There are a lot of variables that can cause viewing issues such as bandwidth, flash version, and browser cache. Please visit/pass along our viewer FAQ for more info:
livestream.com/faq

If you're able to reproduce the issue on your end, please open a ticket in our support center so that we can troubleshoot more directly.

Best,
Jason
Old 24th April 2011, 12:10

It's on my end as well, I'll open a ticket. Thanks for your help!

Tags
bug, mac, procaster