Old 12th March 2011, 18:38

Thumbs up Copyright issues, Music

Hi, I have been given the opportunity to broadcast a wedding for a friend and it's something that I can take further as a business venture.
There is an issue however that may reflect on Livestream/Mogolus' terms of use and that is with recorded popular music that would be played at such an event.

What steps can I take in order to comply?
Old 13th March 2011, 13:50
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbusi View Post
Hi, I have been given the opportunity to broadcast a wedding for a friend and it's something that I can take further as a business venture.
There is an issue however that may reflect on Livestream/Mogolus' terms of use and that is with recorded popular music that would be played at such an event.

What steps can I take in order to comply?
Hey epicbusi, I've merged this with a similar thread which you may find helpful. It's the responsibility of the channel owner/producer to determine whether content violates copyright or our terms of use. I recommend familiarizing yourself with our terms of use:
http://www.livestream.com/terms/generalterms

Best,
Jason
Old 13th March 2011, 21:13

Default 3rd party Music.

Hi Jason,

I have read the T&C's again and it looks likely that I will require to find another CDN in order to complete this task.

As a 3rd party, I have little control over what music is being played at a wedding. I have seen other producers overdub so as to not infringe other's rights.

I am looking for a work-around that is fair and equitable.

Michael
Old 17th March 2011, 03:56

I think so project manger is in right side and we should do something which is not under the copyright act..
Old 19th March 2011, 03:02

Smile 3rd party Music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjamii View Post
I think so project manger is in right side and we should do something which is not under the copyright act..
Hi Andrew, I have seen so many videos that are doubtful to comply with the T&C's of the digital millennium(copyright) act. While it is possible to buy a license to broadcast music at a local level, doing so on a global scale seems a little different.
Here is the link for the global governing body for authors and composers: http://www.cisac.org/
While I can register for Australian-based content, to use global content becomes a bit of a nightmare. The only other way is to insure heavily and negotiate if something like this ever gets to court.

Last edited by epicbusi; 19th March 2011 at 03:03. Reason: spelling

Tags
big, copyright, copyright infringement, livestream, olympics, porttownsendpeeps.com, promote, rebroadcast, receptions. music, search, sound problem, verification, wedding ceremonies, youtube