Old 12th January 2009, 00:17

Default External software question

Since Mogulus Studio has known limitations including no support for independent audio/video switching and mixing, I presume external software or hardware is used by most to solve these problems.

I would like to do the following:

- Capture live video and audio from webcams served by Mogulus video servers
- Switch among those video feeds
- Mix the audio for all the feeds together irrespective of video source
- Send the resulting audio and video to Mogulus channel for distribution/presentation

Can anyone please specify what is required to do ALL of the above? Specifically, capturing webcams from across the Internet (whether served by Mogulus or not) and converting the output to a video stream recognizable as a live stream (similar to a webcam feed) in Studio?

I have read the suggestions elsewhere to do things like plugging the output audio into the computer input audio. While this will handle the audio it does not help the video.

Any ideas related to using What U Hear or Stereo Mix option in (Windows) soundcards?

And how get common audio to all participating sources which are located all over the world each with their own computers, webcams and microphones?
Old 29th January 2009, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenominv View Post
Since Mogulus Studio has known limitations including no support for independent audio/video switching and mixing, I presume external software or hardware is used by most to solve these problems.

I would like to do the following:

- Capture live video and audio from webcams served by Mogulus video servers
- Switch among those video feeds
- Mix the audio for all the feeds together irrespective of video source
- Send the resulting audio and video to Mogulus channel for distribution/presentation

Can anyone please specify what is required to do ALL of the above? Specifically, capturing webcams from across the Internet (whether served by Mogulus or not) and converting the output to a video stream recognizable as a live stream (similar to a webcam feed) in Studio?

I have read the suggestions elsewhere to do things like plugging the output audio into the computer input audio. While this will handle the audio it does not help the video.

Any ideas related to using What U Hear or Stereo Mix option in (Windows) soundcards?

And how get common audio to all participating sources which are located all over the world each with their own computers, webcams and microphones?
Same here. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (I tried nagasoft vj director but it can encodes windows media format)

Tags
audio, multi-camera, video switcher stream