Old 19th January 2009, 08:55

Default Jerky Playback On Mogulus

Hi all,

Trying to broadcast a ManyCam stream through Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder on Mogulus. The playback seems jerky (skipping frames?). I was hoping for more fluid playback. Are there any options I can set to make this happen?

(I don't think bit rate is an issue, and I'm locked at 500 kbps on free service)

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:47

howdy notbob,

the best results I've had is to record the broadcast to your HD using FME as well as broadcasting. Although Mogulus says they support 30fps you'll find that you will rarely get 30fps it's more like 23fps. I've had good luck upping my frame rate to 60fps... might be an option if your cam and software allow it.

Then after the broadcast is finished upload your recording.

Ever since going Pro Mogulus service has been less than ideal. You'll find that even after uploading the recording Mogulus' streaming of it might still be choppy.

Good Luck,
Old 19th January 2009, 16:11
Administrator

Our network is performing normally at the moment, if you're having issues like this please shoot us an e-mail at info@mogulus.com so we can work with you directly to determine the cause.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 19th January 2009, 18:46
Banned

What I notice was that for me the jerky playback started somewhere on Midnight on Jan.19 since I saw the Synnt of the people were not. Well, for me it looks fine now.
Old 19th January 2009, 19:21

I don't know if it's just a software issue. I'm trying to broadcast my desktop using ManyCam and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder. The playback is jerky in Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder. I have seen people do this without any jerkyness.