Old 31st January 2011, 23:55

Exclamation Remove the chrome during full screen mode

why that bar is visible in full screen?
a channel broadcasting in 16:9 format isn't really in 16:9 resolution with that useless bar displaying in full screen mode...
eww!

(sorry for my english. hope you understand.)
Old 1st February 2011, 16:29
Livestream

Could you please clarify what you're speaking of, orbitalradio? I'm trying to discern whether you're talking about advertisements on a Livestream channel, or Procaster's control bar in screen capture mode (which you can minimize).

Best,
Jason
Old 1st February 2011, 17:47

I'm talking about the video player showing the white bottom bar EVEN in full screen mode which is annoying and doesn't allow the video to stream REALLY in 16:9 because that white bar is there!
Old 1st February 2011, 17:55
Livestream

The video is still 16:9 whether it's in full screen mode or not, orbitalradio; 16:9 is simply the aspect ratio (the width of the picture in proportion to the height of the picture). In any event, if this bothersome to you, you can use our API to create a custom player.

Please see our user guide for more information on our API:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...e=API_overview

Best,
Jason
Old 7th February 2011, 22:19

Default do

But how is this (the API) helpful when we don't have control over the webpage the stream is on? Goto any existing livestream page and please explain to us how we can remove the control bar at the bottom in fullscreen

Your competitors have no problem hiding the control bar automatically, and showing it when we do a mouse-over or mouse-move.

Edit: Why do I find the white control bar annoying? Because of the contrast there is, when the stream contents are dark/black. It ruins the picture (and hurts my eyes)

Last edited by HellGreen; 7th February 2011 at 22:22. Reason: reason for my post
Old 8th February 2011, 15:30
Livestream

HellGreen, on your Livestream channel page you cannot currently remove the chrome bar in the player during full screen mode. I'll be happy to pass your request on to our development team, however I can't specify if or when this will be implemented.

Our API is helpful because you can use it to create a custom player. Here is an example of a custom player without the chrome:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ela_Day_Player

Tags
annoying, bar, full screen, livestream