Old 12th August 2008, 17:28

Send a message via ICQ to Manzi Send a message via MSN to Manzi Send a message via Skype™ to Manzi
Lightbulb TGTV's List of Suggestions

Total Gaming TV has come up with a small list of suggestions and features we would like to see implemented into Mogulus.
  • #1 Priority-MODERATION IN CHANNELS! (I know this is in the works but here are some finer details we would like to see too)
    • Ability to kick/ban members from channel (by IP if necessary)
    • Ability to clear contents of chat
    • Ability to lock chat with immediate results (not requiring a reload from all viewers)
    • Ability to display some sort of "Administrative Message"

• Live Feed Stuff
    • Ability to display two or three cameras at once (split screen)
    • Ability to use "Play as One" feature in live playback
    • Ability to include recorded overlays in live playback
    • Ability to turn on/off live feed of sound or video (so feed displays video but no sound, or vice versa)
    • The ability to import small video clips (1-7 seconds) and call them transitions. That way you just have to press "Show" on the transition and it will play the clip without having to do all the cueing nonsense for just a 1 second transition clip.
    • Ability to stream audio from one source (Skype Conference Call) and be able to switch cameras at anytime but keep the audio source to the one set.

• Other
    • Ability to Download clips from a recording in other formats not just .flv
    • Ability to convert in studio clips or shows into ipod/zune/walkman/psp or other portable media devices files that are compatible.

The Total Gaming TV & Total Gaming Network staff will have more suggestions and features we would like to see added on in the future but this is just the short list.
Old 12th August 2008, 19:38

I think I have some workarounds for some of the stuff you're asking for, though a more elegant solution would definitely be nice.

You can display two cameras at once using CamTwist (Mac) or SuperWebcam (PC). Just select that as your source in the studio.

As far as turning off the video or audio, you can sort of do that now. In my Mogulus studio, I have the option to stream from 3 video sources. (DV Video, IIDC Firewire, USB Video Class Video) The USB one is my webcam, the rest are just black/empty feeds. If I select one of the 'empty' feeds and change my audio source to the correct mic, I can get just audio.

Similarly, I can select the correct video source and select an 'empty' audio source, thus streaming just video.

Hope this helps.
Old 12th August 2008, 20:20

Send a message via ICQ to Manzi Send a message via MSN to Manzi Send a message via Skype™ to Manzi

Are you able to get the audio source be a skype conference call where more then one person is connected?
Old 13th August 2008, 14:59

Hi Manzi, that is definitely possible.

Here are a set of instructions for the Mac (they're for UStream.TV, not Mogulus. They're pretty much the same steps, though!)

http://ryangordonproductions.com/ust...in_Ustream.pdf

Here is an application that can help you do it on the PC. It is called Virtual Audio Cable. Basically, you route the audio coming from Skype into the same input as your mic. If you select that mic in the studio, you should be able to get Skype on the air.

http://www.download.com/Virtual-Audi...-10067766.html

Notice that either solution will cost you about $30 for software.
Old 17th August 2008, 04:41

Thumbs up TGTV's List

You have a really detailed list. I agree with your suggestions, and I would like to see Mogulus implement them soon, because there are other networks that already have this ability.

One thing that I have noticed about importing video from other sites is that some of the audio is at different levels. I would suggest that the broadcaster have some type of audio compression control integrated into his or her studio controls.

This could be accomplished by allowing the broadcaster to set the compression to a standard level before the encode process takes place. In other words, have a channel compression level for all the material that is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzi View Post
Total Gaming TV has come up with a small list of suggestions and features we would like to see implemented into Mogulus.
  • #1 Priority-MODERATION IN CHANNELS! (I know this is in the works but here are some finer details we would like to see too)
    • Ability to kick/ban members from channel (by IP if necessary)
    • Ability to clear contents of chat
    • Ability to lock chat with immediate results (not requiring a reload from all viewers)
    • Ability to display some sort of "Administrative Message"

• Live Feed Stuff
    • Ability to display two or three cameras at once (split screen)
    • Ability to use "Play as One" feature in live playback
    • Ability to include recorded overlays in live playback
    • Ability to turn on/off live feed of sound or video (so feed displays video but no sound, or vice versa)
    • The ability to import small video clips (1-7 seconds) and call them transitions. That way you just have to press "Show" on the transition and it will play the clip without having to do all the cueing nonsense for just a 1 second transition clip.
    • Ability to stream audio from one source (Skype Conference Call) and be able to switch cameras at anytime but keep the audio source to the one set.

• Other
    • Ability to Download clips from a recording in other formats not just .flv
    • Ability to convert in studio clips or shows into ipod/zune/walkman/psp or other portable media devices files that are compatible.

The Total Gaming TV & Total Gaming Network staff will have more suggestions and features we would like to see added on in the future but this is just the short list.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:02

Im glad to see so many other mogulus users besides TGTV would like to see this stuff added too!
Old 28th August 2008, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsd View Post
Hi Manzi, that is definitely possible.
Here is an application that can help you do it on the PC. It is called Virtual Audio Cable. Basically, you route the audio coming from Skype into the same input as your mic. If you select that mic in the studio, you should be able to get Skype on the air.

http://www.download.com/Virtual-Audi...-10067766.html

Notice that either solution will cost you about $30 for software.
Hi! I am trying to leverage VAC to enable a remote host. My soundcard (locally) has a "What U Hear" channel that enables me to embed sound fx etc locally. When I switch to his machine in Mogulus (he has Vista and subsequently all sorts of audio issues) I want to see him and hear him while hearing us in the studio as well as Sound FX (I use Jazler) at the same time. I cannot seem to get this to work.

Any tips are GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by oldschool; 28th August 2008 at 17:03.
Old 11th January 2009, 16:24

I'll mention this elsewhere in more detail, but one issue with using ancillary services for audio feeds (like Skype for example) seems to be that there is a different delay in non-Mogulus audio feeds. This results is a loss of lip-sync respective to the Mogulus video. This is the main reason that the feature request to add more audio/video switch functionality within Mogulus Studio makes perfect sense.
Old 14th January 2009, 19:26

Wink

Don't forget the built in coffee maker and microwave oven!
Old 15th January 2009, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzi View Post

[*]Ability to display some sort of "Administrative Message"[/list]
This is something that would be nice to have.

Tags
beta, features, mogulus, suggestions, tgtv