Old 18th December 2010, 12:53

Post Audio Problems (Windows XP)

I have been trying to play audio during my livestreams through USB audio devices. My speakers, mic, and headset are all USB. My mic audio goes through perfectly fine, but my viewers can not hear what I hear at all. No game sound or video sound gets transmitted through the stream. I have tried going to my control panel to turn on the "Hear what I hear" option, but I don't seem to have that option.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jev
Old 19th December 2010, 20:34
Livestream Community Help

Procaster 20.0.95?
Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Old 20th December 2010, 08:05

How do I check the Procaster version? I believe it is the most recent version. I installed it just over a week ago.

I'm using Windows XP.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:02
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevidar View Post
How do I check the Procaster version? I believe it is the most recent version. I installed it just over a week ago.

I'm using Windows XP.
You can check the procaster version by visiting your Preferences and clicking on the "i" on the top right corner.
Old 21st December 2010, 00:49

Yes, I am using Procaster version 20.0.95

Thank you, Henry.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:01

I just updated to Procaster 20.0.151 and I'm still having the same issue. My mic transmits just fine, but no game sound goes through.
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:15

Default Audio issue

I'm using Procaster and have been trying since day one to get the sound to work. I've turned on everything and I only get a click that goes off every few seconds. Anyway, I use Windows XP Home and typically have it on a "Normal Quality" setting. If you need more information, please let me know. I'd love to be able for my friends and family to hear what's going on!
Old 23rd December 2010, 06:39

Still having the issue.
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:24
Livestream Procaster Support

Hello,

Due to the nature of the way Windows XP works with audio device drivers and naming them, Full audio mixing is not fully available in Windows XP. It is fully supported in Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:25
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectWicca View Post
I'm using Procaster and have been trying since day one to get the sound to work. I've turned on everything and I only get a click that goes off every few seconds. Anyway, I use Windows XP Home and typically have it on a "Normal Quality" setting. If you need more information, please let me know. I'd love to be able for my friends and family to hear what's going on!
Hello,

I am sorry you are having these problems. Lets see what we can do to help you. Please send a screen shot of the audio mixer and the devices you have connected. Also are you trying to broadcast the sounds from your desktop, or from a mic?

Tags
audio, audio capture desktop, build-in audio, built-in audio, desktop, desktop stream, input, mic, microphone, mixer, no sound, output, problem, procaster, procaster audio music, sound, sound audio issue help xp, speakers, suggestion, turn off, windows xp