Old 5th June 2010, 22:16

Default Option to delay streams by x number of seconds

There is going to be a significant livestream demand as starcraft2 is released in July. Based on the use of live starcraft games in Korea, I would not be surprised to see it take a 50% marketshare of all livestream casts by year end.

When streaming live tournaments there is an issue of the players being able to watch the stream and see what the other player is doing (the streamer/observer can see everything, but the p both players are doing). If the livestream user had an option to delay the stream by a couple minutes this would resolve the problem.

This issue is not in your FAQ and I couldn't find it with about a dozen google search queries of this site.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:34

Im interested in it too.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:45

I think it is an easy option to implement to procaster and it will be very useful for people who usually cast game tournaments.
Old 19th July 2010, 03:46

I agree on this issue, I was franatically looking for something like this (and yes, it would have had me transfer to another livestreaming-capable service, if I found it). Technically, it could very well be done on the client-side, with a buffer file from Procaster.

Like upper poster says, I think the market share (of SC2 streamers) will be huge, and this is one of the functions that would be incredibly useful. Heck - some tournaments are banning streaming for the very reason of cheat-capability.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:26

I absolutely agree with everyone here, would be awesome to be able to intentionally delay the stream for seconds on minutes.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:06

I think this should be a top priority for Livestream. This is generally needed to cast matches in large tournaments where the fanbase is enormous. It not only benefits the casters, but also Livestream as they will get more advertising revenue and etc. It's a win-win situation.
Old 11th November 2010, 00:49

Thumbs up Agreed

Yes it seems that this would be a very easy to implement, yet very , VERY important feature for tournament casters throughout the web!
Old 16th November 2010, 14:08

+1

we really need this feature soon :B
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:32

Definitely require this feature asap with the number of online tournaments being run.

My request thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5520

Tags
delay, games, live feed delay, screen cast, starcraft