Old 13th September 2010, 20:50

Question I Need Help, If You Can

Hi, I'm trying to set up a channel for my church. We are new at this, so I need information about the equipment we need to set this up. Can you please suggest me camaras or any other equipment we might need. This is a medium size church. So far, we just need it o transmit our services. Thank you in advanced and God Bless!
Old 14th September 2010, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROYECCION View Post
Hi, I'm trying to set up a channel for my church. We are new at this, so I need information about the equipment we need to set this up. Can you please suggest me camaras or any other equipment we might need. This is a medium size church. So far, we just need it o transmit our services. Thank you in advanced and God Bless!
Price Range? I'll give you two solutions.

BETTER - About $3,000.00
A sony computer - It MUST have a firewire input (aka i1384) about $2,000.00 to $2,500.00
A firewire Cable, about $50.00
A Sony camcorder (NOT A HIGH DEFINITION ONE) with a firewire (i1384) output. about $300.00
Tripod for camcorder (About $25.00)
A XLR to USB audio adapter from radio shack to connect the church's audio mixer to the laptop (about $50.00)

Also good but cheaper.
A Dell or HP NETbook computer with built in camera. running windows 7. $299.00
A external USB Logitec HD webcam (about $100.00
A XLR to USB audio adapter from radio shack to connect the church's audio mixer to the laptop (about $50.00)

Here is the deal...
The BETTER SYSTEM.
If you are shooting from the back of the church, and have someone to operate the camera, the better system, with the camcorder, will zoom all the way in for a headshot of the preacher without becoming all pixilated. For that to work you usually need a caera with a firewire out and a pc with a firewire in. Camcorders with USB usually only let the camera connect as a drive and copy pre-recorded videos, they don't usually stream. There are a few that stream via usb, but they are sort of clunky and have a number of issues.

The cheaper system. If you are shooting from only about 10 to 15 feet away from the preacher, you can get away with a HD webcam with a digital zoom. The HD has enough resolution so that you can get a 5 to 1 zoom without pixilating when outputing 480 by 360 to livestream. Because you don't need firewire, you can go with any of the newer low price laptops, or even a netbook running windows 7.

I broadcast a church in Alabama (Westside Baptist) every sunday at 11:00am, 12:00 and 6:00pm and Wednesday night at 7:00 pm. I also carry the pastor live every weekday morning fron 5:00am till 6:30am. He takes prayer requests and chats with the viewers. There is a regular following of chatters. (all times are Central)
Some of the services are on-demand at TallasseeTV.com if you can't catch the live services.

Hope this helps.
Bob - Tallasseetimes - tallasseeTV.com