Old 16th July 2010, 20:16

Default Problem keeping Livestream running.

Okay, I've had Procaster for quite some time, but I've been constantly fighting an on going problem with Proacster. After somewhere between 5 minutes to 45 minutes starting livestream, if it's playing a game or just showing my desktop, an error comes up claiming I have an audio problem. My friends claim my audio then becomes choppy and all messed up. About a minute or two later, the video stops with an error message claiming that I have a 'serious video problem.' I have literally changed everything around to help fix the problem and nothing seems to help improve it. I've looked through all the topics and can't seem to find anything that helps me.

Here's a list of my OS and specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
AMD Anthlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 1.00GB

I need helping getting this working, I show my friends games, and artwork through livestream, but can't cause it keeps messing up on me like that every time.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:18

I'm having the same issue. I've tried tweaking all the audio/video/game settings on livestream (even hooked process), but no luck.

Could this possibly be a video/audio codec problem?

WinXP 64-bit
AMD FX57
4GB DDR
Radeon HD4650
Soundblaster Live! 7.1 audio card (not sure of the specific model)
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:47
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

In general those issues usualy arise when there is a network issues. i would try to deal with that first.
see your upload speed and compare it to the Video settings. you could check your upload speed using www.speedtest.net. the video settings should be way below it.

Velluminous: seems you have a very old system, single core cpu. its might be also wise to upgrade it

thanks
Lior
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:39

Doubt I need to upgrade the system, as I'm able to run (new) PC video games with no speed problems and (not the highest but) very high graphics. I don't even have problems running the newst photoshop CS... So I really doubt it's the system.

In the end, it wasn't what you suggested (network) anyways. Apparently it was an issue with Livestream trying to use my soundcard. I simply changed the audio from Soundblaster to Speakers, and to get my livestream feed where it could hear my microphone, I un-muted the mic in the audio settings. Sure, I hear myself in the headset now, but so does my livestream.

This fixed my issue with not being able to broadcast for more than a minute before Procaster crashed with an audio or video error... Maybe the original poster should try changing his audio selection as well?
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:45

PS: Also tried Livestream on my wife's machine, which has:
Windows Vista
AMD 9500 phenom quad core
GForce 8800 (512mb)
2GB DDR2
Soundblaster Live! 7.1

Annndddd.... Same issue. Changed it off the SBL card, and it worked just fine. Betting it's an issue with procaster and the Soundblaster Live cards.
Old 25th July 2010, 01:51
Livestream Community Help

If you're using Procaster 10.0.124 try updating to Procaster Beta 20.0.58. The Audio Mixer gives you a bit more control. It may not correct the issue with the SBL card but do test and post back.