Old 18th June 2010, 10:25

Default Low kbps and Can't stream in HD

Hi there,

I just purchased the premium service to get more bandwidth and to stream in HD.

Since I have been using my premium channel, not only am I streaming at a much slower rate (the average is around 200kbps) while in SD mode, when I try to stream in HD mode it doesn't recognize my camera. I am using a Canon xh-a1 and using a firewire input into my MacBook Pro (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4BG RAM).

Please help as I need to be set up for streaming in 2 days. I am in desperate need for assistance.

Thanks.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:06
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBizMedia01 View Post
Hi there,

I just purchased the premium service to get more bandwidth and to stream in HD.

Since I have been using my premium channel, not only am I streaming at a much slower rate (the average is around 200kbps) while in SD mode, when I try to stream in HD mode it doesn't recognize my camera. I am using a Canon xh-a1 and using a firewire input into my MacBook Pro (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4BG RAM).

Please help as I need to be set up for streaming in 2 days. I am in desperate need for assistance.

Thanks.
TheBizMedia01,

Take a speed test at www.speedtest.net and send me your results, also can you tell me what encoder you are using?

The reason your Canon xh-a1 is not working is because Studio and Procaster do not recognize HD feeds. You will have to either switch your camera to standard DV mode or purchase Wirecast ( http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm) along with the HDV plugin they offer which will allow you to stream in HDV quality.

You can also send your questions through the Support Center (https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...center/tickets)

Tags
bandwidth, high definition, low kpbs, premium, problem