Old 12th June 2010, 16:51

Default Start specific clip on flash player

Hi there,

I'm using the flash player embedded in a website:

http://www.cncboards.net/ra3live/

I'd like to have urls like /ra3live/clip-34135135135 (or whatever) and have that start a page with a specific clip playing, instead of live view.

basically-- is there a way with javascript or just the HTML parameters to start the player on a specific clip?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 13th June 2010, 09:54
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Yes, in the studio, find the clip, then click on "embed", and tailor your player's size. Check off auto-play, to have the clip start as soon as the player loads, if you want that. Embed this clip in your website.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:52

Thanks for the response, I was considering this method by I'd like to keep the flash player specifically since it doesn't have as many 'exit points'-- by that i mean, the embedded player is designed to get viewers to the livestream page because every click will transfer you.

The flash player on the other hand, is really good at keeping viewers on the site. It has integrated chat, VOD menu, and not nearly as many exit points.

I'd like to retain viewers on my site because it helps with my site's use but also because i offer a few rich features on my embedded page that aren't visible when on livestream.. such as showing the currently playing artist/album art/track, a google calendar schedule and link, as well as the other channels for the game that I'm streaming and their live status.

Any other ideas yall?
Old 13th June 2010, 20:58
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Ah, yes I see what you mean. Have you looked at the API? This should be possible. How are you putting the current clip info shown on your site, by the way? I couldnt see that.

Tags
api, clip, embed, flash player