Old 22nd April 2010, 05:41

Default Unable to watch anything

So I launch the website, it loads up the page, everything was fine except the videos. Every videos on the site cannot be loaded, and the only thing I've got is an everlasting loading circle on the player. And at the same time, it severely uses up my flash plugin, resulting my CPU usage up to 100%. In safari, reviewing the activity window, the crossdomain.xml reports the server could not be found. The player just keeps on loading and loading and nothing will ever happen. Just for a short while, the browser crashed. Nothing I've done, reinstalling flash, removing cache, nothing, makes any video watchable.

However, I've tried to load the site on a different area with their public computer, it works. I don't know if it's my ISP problem, my computer, or a bug resulting devices on my local network cannot view the site, but please may anyone tell me how should I be able to watch videos again? What would the problem be and how to solve it? Because I can't even view the most basic fundamental thing on this site.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:21
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoushawk View Post
So I launch the website, it loads up the page, everything was fine except the videos. Every videos on the site cannot be loaded, and the only thing I've got is an everlasting loading circle on the player. And at the same time, it severely uses up my flash plugin, resulting my CPU usage up to 100%. In safari, reviewing the activity window, the crossdomain.xml reports the server could not be found. The player just keeps on loading and loading and nothing will ever happen. Just for a short while, the browser crashed. Nothing I've done, reinstalling flash, removing cache, nothing, makes any video watchable.

However, I've tried to load the site on a different area with their public computer, it works. I don't know if it's my ISP problem, my computer, or a bug resulting devices on my local network cannot view the site, but please may anyone tell me how should I be able to watch videos again? What would the problem be and how to solve it? Because I can't even view the most basic fundamental thing on this site.
It sounds like your issues are related to either your computer or your network. Before entering Livestream.com, take a look at your task manager (win) / activity monitor (os x) and see how high your CPU usage and which applications are using up your resources.

Also, take a speed test at www.speedtest.net to see check your bandwidth. Anything under 700kbps down can hinder your ability to watch some streams.
Old 23rd April 2010, 05:48

I don't think it would be the browser's problem. I've successfully view videos before, but up till several days before, it will never. I rather should say it looks like the video has never been requested to stream onto my computer, and the player just loop and loop the loading sequence and finally kills my application. Sadly, only computers on under my wireless router or the modem, but it works on other networks like café and other's home. Should there be anything I can do to eliminate the problem?
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:47
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoushawk View Post
I don't think it would be the browser's problem. I've successfully view videos before, but up till several days before, it will never. I rather should say it looks like the video has never been requested to stream onto my computer, and the player just loop and loop the loading sequence and finally kills my application. Sadly, only computers on under my wireless router or the modem, but it works on other networks like café and other's home. Should there be anything I can do to eliminate the problem?
This is probably related to your internet connection or any firewalls you may have activated. Deactivate any firewalls and check your bandwidth by taking a speed test at www.speedtest.net.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
This is probably related to your internet connection or any firewalls you may have activated. Deactivate any firewalls and check your bandwidth by taking a speed test at www.speedtest.net.
I am having the same exact issue. I have FIOS, so the bandwidth is not a problem. I'm thinking it might be flash plugin with OS X related, but I'm not sure. Other sites, like hulu, youtube, megavideo all work fine.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:51
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubrew View Post
I am having the same exact issue. I have FIOS, so the bandwidth is not a problem. I'm thinking it might be flash plugin with OS X related, but I'm not sure. Other sites, like hulu, youtube, megavideo all work fine.
What do you see when you visit the Livestream home page?
For example what are you seeing in the Most Popular Live Featured Channel?

I have seen the Flash plugin crash when visiting Livestream so there are ways to check for that but please describe the above first.

Tags
bug, player, view