Old 9th May 2010, 18:09

Here's one more complaint - and a loud one - about the totally obtrusive full-feed hijack ads that have recently started. I - and our viewers - can live with the bottom banner ads, and the sidebar ads, but hijacks every 15 minutes (or more frequently) interfere seriously with live shows! Cut it out, Livestream - you'll be losing traffic in a hurry if you don't get the message.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:02

I just singed up yesterday I am used to ads being on the sides, next to or under my banner, added to my pre-recorded or recorded shows on OTHER LIVE STREAM like sites (BlogTV.com) (Stickam.com) and so on... Where I can do a show knowing that my viewers are only PISSED OFF ONCE as the log into my show.

But this ad every few minutes is total BULLCRAP. This is making online to BOOB TUBE like for me. If I wanted this I would watch my TV. I am leaving as of today.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:39

Default Types of ad?

Is there any way to have a certain types of ads played versus others. We are an elementary school and we had a violent, bloody movie ad come on at the start of our video segment. It scared some of our kindergärtners. With free you have other costs. I understand the ad but we have to maintain a certain standard for our kids.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:43

Default The Ads

I know the ads are supposed to help support the website and all, but do we SERIOUSLY need them every 15 minutes? Plus, they're especially loud for the ears to the point where it gives my viewers headaches whenever they pop up.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:15

I second this. The frequency in ads is really getting aggrivating to the point wher eI just may have to look for another place to stream. I really don't want to, because I like livestream a lot, but this is rediculous.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:33
Livestream Community Help

I'll notify Livestream about the nature of ads vs the appropriateness for the age group.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:35

Unhappy Ad's are reducing business potential for Livestream

I'm not sure what's going on but recently the screen overlay ad's seem to be getting bigger and stay on longer. As others have reported the ad's are a major discredit to Livestream users and discourage increased use of the service. I can understand the full screen audio/video ad's when viewers first access a Livestream site, but the lower third overlays that block user generated overlays and ticker information is overkill.

I am currently researching, Ustrem, Justin and Livestream for my video channel. I really like the Livestream features but if the annoying ad's continue I will have to go with one of the Livestream competitors.

Bob B.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:37
Administrator

We are continuing to work to optimize advertising and our aim is to make the ads as minimally invasive and as contextually relevant as possible. Adverting is the only way we can continue to offer a free service but your feedback is important and has a major role in our decision making.

In the event you see an ad that you feel is not relevant, please send the channel name and details on the campaign (including a screen shot if possible) directly to our support team by opening a ticket in the support center so we can investigate directly.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 16th May 2010, 09:47

Default I concur

I agree, the purpose of the website is to "stream" video. One is hardly streaming when hitting a obstacle as frequently as every 15 minutes.

This is a complaint because these ads fustrate me, Livestream is no longer so enjoyable as it was before. Admins, please do not forsake the opinions of your users. Thank you.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:42

Default Take Action Admins

Please listen to your user base Livestream and take appropriate actions like eliminating this new advertising habit. I believe it threatens the likeability of your product, degrading it from a stream to a clip-like sensibility.

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio