Old 14th August 2008, 09:37

Default Flash Encoder No "External Feed"

I'm doing some tests to see if we can broadcast a world record attempt live on Mogulus in September.

Yesterday I managed to get Flash Media Encoder to produce a stream from a DV cam that instantly appeared in the Mogulus Studio. It appeared as external stream. Today I can`t get it to appear at all.

The settings look the same, I haven`t changed them.

The DV cam has been double checked on another machine, the firewire cable is working and the PCMCIA card is working.

The encoder software appears to work fine to and says it is delivering the stream, just like yesterday. The problem is it doesn`t appear in Mogulus (unlike yesterday).

The only thing that is making me wonder is that when I initially start up Flash Encoder it says Primary Connection Failed. But if I then go the Connect/Disconnect button below the FMS URL section and click "connect" it says instantly (slightly odd too, you would expect it to take a brief pause) that it has connected, but it obviously hasn`t because it isn`t appearing in studio.

Is there a problem with the Mogulus?

I'm a bit baffled and stumped if this doesn`t work.

Many thanks to all,

Richard
Old 24th August 2008, 14:52

Smile Flash Media Streaming

I use the Flash Media to connect and it works great. Some times you need to reboot your computer and restart the Flash Media encoder to get the source back...
Old 24th August 2008, 22:09

Thumbs down Posible fix

I had problems broadcasting with FME 2.5, so I reverted to version 2.0... that fixed all the problems... maybe mogulus and v. 2.5 are not very friendly to eachother...
Old 27th August 2008, 18:24

I tried 2.5 AND 2.0, but get nothing in Mogulus. When I set IsAutoLive to TRUE, the RECORD button in the Studio automatically turns on, but there's no video on the station, in the studio, and nothing is recorded. When IsAutoLive is set to FALSE, nothing happens at all, although the EXTERNAL FEED shows up in the SOURCE panel. Cueing up the feed does nothing.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:40
Administrator

Can you provide any additional details on your setup? I just tested FME and it is working. Possibly bandwidth or firewall related?

-Ben
Mogulus Support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopique View Post
I tried 2.5 AND 2.0, but get nothing in Mogulus. When I set IsAutoLive to TRUE, the RECORD button in the Studio automatically turns on, but there's no video on the station, in the studio, and nothing is recorded. When IsAutoLive is set to FALSE, nothing happens at all, although the EXTERNAL FEED shows up in the SOURCE panel. Cueing up the feed does nothing.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:26

Default Made the same experiance

I tried to use my SONY DCR PD 170 to go live on Mogulus. The cam was recognized by the programm but the Cue-window stayed black. When will Mogulus change that and give a helping hand for the pro´s?

David
Old 11th November 2008, 16:39
Banned

I also have this problem over times. I use FME 2.5 to pass it. Sometimes the source just stop broadcasting and have to stop and start broadcasting again.