Old 26th April 2010, 15:24

Default Cannot get my Mac Desktop to Cast.

I've read through all the threads dealing with this issue and the answer is always the same. "Go Live and you'll see the option"

Well, I've gone live about 18 times now, uninstalled and reinstalled Proaster for Mac, I even downgraded hoping it was just a glitch in the beta, and I STILL am not getting the option. The program doesn't even LOOK the same as the other screen caps I am seeing.

I need an answer on how to capture my desktop instead of my face. I click settings, I go through all the camera options and it keeps going back to my built-in camera. I also go live and lose all ability to adjust ANYTHING.

I am trying to cast from my Cintiq, so it is a secondary monitor.

Please respond to this. I see many of the other threads have gone completely unanswered.

Screen cap for ref, and yes, I have already clicked "go live": http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t=Picture1.png

Excuse my gruffiness. I don't bother trying to look good when I am screwing around with computer programs. (as frustrated as I get, the end result is that appearance anyway)
Old 26th April 2010, 15:34
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriDelgado View Post
I've read through all the threads dealing with this issue and the answer is always the same. "Go Live and you'll see the option"

Well, I've gone live about 18 times now, uninstalled and reinstalled Proaster for Mac, I even downgraded hoping it was just a glitch in the beta, and I STILL am not getting the option. The program doesn't even LOOK the same as the other screen caps I am seeing.

I need an answer on how to capture my desktop instead of my face. I click settings, I go through all the camera options and it keeps going back to my built-in camera. I also go live and lose all ability to adjust ANYTHING.

I am trying to cast from my Cintiq, so it is a secondary monitor.

Please respond to this. I see many of the other threads have gone completely unanswered.

Screen cap for ref, and yes, I have already clicked "go live": http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t=Picture1.png

Excuse my gruffiness. I don't bother trying to look good when I am screwing around with computer programs. (as frustrated as I get, the end result is that appearance anyway)
Terri,

The screen capture you linked shows your are using "Webcaster" not Procaster. Procaster (www.livestream.com/procaster). Please rever to the following URL for more information on using Procaster:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php/Procaster

If you have any more questions on using Procaster, please email support@livestream.com.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:42

AH, that totally explains a lot. Like... everything.

Color me embarrassed.

Ran through it and got it going just fine. Thank you for the help =)
Closed Thread