Old 2nd October 2008, 12:42

Default Run a storyboardthen break to live

Okay, I am real new at this, bear with me as I don't know the terminology. So here is the scenario.
I want to run a storyboard from 9pm to 9am that is the same(think music videos). I want to then run a different story board from 9am to 9pm (Tomorrows Events and Happening). This doesn't seem to be to difficult. The part I am having trouble understand is this. I want to do live/recorded breaks into the 9am - 9pm with feeds from the events that are happening today. I realize that if there is someone logged into the mogulus control panel they can Cue items. My issue is that if there are three people at three different events. I need to know the best way for them to break into the storyboard. They are online with WiFi, but not with a PC. We have thought about buying Wi-Fi capable camara smartphones. I also believe that I have to add a manager account for each person/device. I am just unsure of how thier feed shows up in mogulus storyboard for cueing or can they be set up to break in automatically?
If getting the "Live" break in does work, I am assuming that my 9am -9pm content will pause then resume, so now I will run over my 9pm or I will have to cut it short. I could really use some input on what you may have tried, or think might work.
If you are wondering what the use if for, I don't mind sharing. We want to provide a channel for High School Sports. We are starting off small but want to get a package put together so that any sports group, can then have thier games recorded and available "on demand" ,as well as, candid clips (cell, camera & video) that are sent in from others at the events.
Thanks for your help on this one.
Kevin
PS not sure if this is a tech question, so move it if there is a better forum catagorie.
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:36
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiTech View Post
Okay, I am real new at this, bear with me as I don't know the terminology. So here is the scenario.
I want to run a storyboard from 9pm to 9am that is the same(think music videos). I want to then run a different story board from 9am to 9pm (Tomorrows Events and Happening). This doesn't seem to be to difficult. The part I am having trouble understand is this. I want to do live/recorded breaks into the 9am - 9pm with feeds from the events that are happening today. I realize that if there is someone logged into the mogulus control panel they can Cue items. My issue is that if there are three people at three different events. I need to know the best way for them to break into the storyboard. They are online with WiFi, but not with a PC. We have thought about buying Wi-Fi capable camara smartphones. I also believe that I have to add a manager account for each person/device. I am just unsure of how thier feed shows up in mogulus storyboard for cueing or can they be set up to break in automatically?
If getting the "Live" break in does work, I am assuming that my 9am -9pm content will pause then resume, so now I will run over my 9pm or I will have to cut it short. I could really use some input on what you may have tried, or think might work.
If you are wondering what the use if for, I don't mind sharing. We want to provide a channel for High School Sports. We are starting off small but want to get a package put together so that any sports group, can then have thier games recorded and available "on demand" ,as well as, candid clips (cell, camera & video) that are sent in from others at the events.
Thanks for your help on this one.
Kevin
PS not sure if this is a tech question, so move it if there is a better forum catagorie.
Sounds like you've got a big production going on there!

I use qik. (Pronounced "quick") Get your cell phones signed up with this service at http://qik.com The software works on most popular Nokia and jailbroken iPhones. Check the list of compatible devices on their site. Each number gets an account that can be assigned a Mogulus channel where the video can be pushed to live. I recommend WiFi or at least 3G connect when streaming from them to minimize buffering, so make sure they have this capability.
See: http://www.mogulus.com/userguide/ind...your_Qik_phone
for more info.
Each phone can be set up at qik to go "autolive" or manual cue. All qiks get recorded in the studio, plus at qik.com, where there are other options for privacy, etc.

Autopilot will continue at the start of the last clip played before going live. The autopilot cannot be timed at present, so its hit or miss.

Good luck.

Last edited by davidaron; 2nd October 2008 at 16:40.
Old 27th October 2008, 12:25

Default I love it

Thank you for the information. I have been using it for a while now and it is doing very well on the WiFi. The phone I am using is the HTC (Sprint Mogul) and my only wish is that it was tripod mountable or was easier to hold steady, lol.
Old 28th October 2008, 05:13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiTech View Post
Thank you for the information. I have been using it for a while now and it is doing very well on the WiFi. The phone I am using is the HTC (Sprint Mogul) and my only wish is that it was tripod mountable or was easier to hold steady, lol.
Glad it worked out, Kevin.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm using both a nokia n-73 and an IPhone3G over all three (WiFi, EDGE, 3g) networks, and I'm considering gaffer taping the darn things to a tripod, since they have no mounts for them!

Give me your channel name on qik, and I'll follow you there.

-Dave

Last edited by davidaron; 28th October 2008 at 06:21.
Old 5th November 2008, 17:28

Default No real channel yet.

I don't have anything happening live on my channel yet. I am trying to figure out how to have one person set up on the Studio at the house, a friend. Then I want to be able to go out and live stream events and activities around my town. Not having much luck setting up it up though. The Channel is ConverseNation at the moment.

Here is my set up so far.

Base Station - Dell XPS 2010 Vista Ultimate SP1, Logitech Webcam, 20/2 mbps data line
Mobile Station - Toshiba Laptop XP Pro SP3, Sony DCR-TVR740 USB stream, Mobile WiFi
Handheld Station - Sprint Mogul Win Mobile 6.1, Qik, Mobile Wi-Fi
Mobile Wi-Fi - MobileNet Router with Sprint EV-DO revA (800/200 kbps)

My desire is to Set up a Wireless Network at the event and just use a wi-fi camera, that can show up in the Mogulus Studio at Base Station. So far not having much luck finding what is best to use.

Thanks for the info,
Kevin
Old 6th November 2008, 02:41

Have you seen any cameras on the market with WiFi capabilities?