Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th April 2010, 02:02

Default Overlay and severe lag issues

I've been with livestream for about 7 months now, and I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. My channel is essentially the most popular channel on your entire livestream site right now. I get over 700 viewers when I'm offline (24 hours a day) and at least 2000-3000 when I'm live. However, my viewers are sending in CONSTANT complaints about the livestream issues. It's gotten to the point where it's completely unbearable. Viewers can't watch live due to livestream lag AND they can't watch onDemand because of constant rebuffering. Major issues:

1) My stream irregularly says "Wecome to striderdoom" or "congratulations on launching striderdoom." Despite disabling this COUNTLESS times in the studio, they pop up frequently for my viewers. The ONLY solution is to refresh the stream (sometimes multiple times) in order to get the tag to go away. Moreover, most of my viewers don't know that the problem is on your end or even how to fix it.

2) My stream has CONSTANT rebuffering issues for many people in europe and especially when my stream count climbs higher. Despite the fact that they have good internet connection, the livestream site has been getting increasingly worse over time. I'm curious if there's a bandwidth allocation cap for individual channels, because my stream didn't lag so badly before.

I'm creating this thread as an opportunity for some of my viewers to come into the thread and post about issues they are having. I would be delighted to continue to stream using livestream, but these problems are becoming incredibly frustrating for my viewers.

Please let me know what we can work out.

-Sean

Tags
day9, day[9], dying, lag, livestream, sc2, sean plott, stream, striderdoom, upset