Old 10th February 2010, 13:22

Question Broadcasting to a schedule

to my knowledge Livestream still haven't given us the option of broadcasting to a schedule (eg making a show start at 7:00pm)
does anyone have a technique for doing this? or am i limited to creating huge filler videos to put space between the shows?

peace
Old 26th February 2010, 19:26

Smile Scheduling needed too

I second this need. I am working to get a number of organizations to allow us to broadcast their meetings. A schedule based on team members would make things MUCH better.

Livestream... please advise us on this.

Thanks,
Kathy
Old 7th April 2010, 15:09
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbnetworks View Post
I second this need. I am working to get a number of organizations to allow us to broadcast their meetings. A schedule based on team members would make things MUCH better.

Livestream... please advise us on this.

Thanks,
Kathy
The ability to schedule content within your Autopilot is on our roadmap for future additions. Unfortunately, I do not have an eta to provide when this feature will be available at this time.

-
Rick Stern
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:05

Default Here is how I schedule broadcasts

I use a broadcast schedule. It is a bit of a fluff to get set up but I can now post TV listings on my site and have Livestream stick to the schedule. I simply fill in 24 hours of broadcasting in AutoPilot. I re-run live broadcasts or even schedule test pattern for the middle of the night. When I break in for live broadcasts I simply restart AutoPilot at the top or bottom of the next hour after the live broadcast is complete. So far it works for me but I do look forward to the introduction of a timeline manager. I think Livestream is fantastic and I am glad I stumbled onto this site. Keep up the great work. See the example of my station playing on a aschedule at www.4u2ctv.com and feel free to email or contact me if what I have explained here does not answer your question "enough" .... thanks. BTW if you might like to have a site like mine I am looking for station masters in Canada and the USA ... I really would like to see what we can do with Livestream, I believe the opportunity is limitless.

Last edited by 4u2ctv; 23rd June 2010 at 11:10. Reason: additional sentence
Old 26th June 2010, 14:49
Livestream Community Help

I see you're creating a full day autopilot list and posting the schedule. Given that some runtimes are slightly off from the exact schedule are you finding that by the end of a day, you're off by a few minutes?
Old 8th September 2010, 04:02

Exclamation

This thread has been dead for a few months now so I thought I'd bring it back to life a little bit. Ben said, "scheduling is on the roadmap" in Nov. of 2008 and Rick is saying it's coming in April of this year. We're approximately 2 months from Nov. which would make it 2years since people have been asking for scheduling. I know that Livestream is making money and has a development team. What I don't understand is why it's taking them over 2years to bring to us a feature like this. If someone from Livestream would like to talk the specs on why this has and is taking so long to deliver then I'm more than willing to listen. But "It's coming!" with no additional info is kinda like the weather guy saying, "It's going to rain" in the middle of a drought.

I've also checked out the jobs page and it seems that Livestream is looking for several positions including Flex & Java which makes me wonder if we're ever going to see the ability to schedule our programming before these positions are filled.

This is a feature that is LONG OVERDUE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Yes it's on the roadmap but a little ways out. Stay tuned to our blog for updates.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStern View Post
The ability to schedule content within your Autopilot is on our roadmap for future additions. Unfortunately, I do not have an eta to provide when this feature will be available at this time.

-
Rick Stern
Old 14th September 2010, 09:34

Broadcasting to a schedule should be at the top of the list of items needed if not essential to Livestream.

We do most if not all of our broadcasts from a remote location and to connect back to the home computer to change audio feed or camera is becoming crazy at times. Come on Livestream please find away to add this feature. We are limited because of not having this feature.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:32

Quote and up. It's time to give us this ESSENTIAL feature or, at least, tell us why are you taking so long...
Old 27th December 2010, 15:47

Default Scheduling with MegaSeg

I run an internet based audio broadcast network that is beginning to do video. I was looking at a new automation software for my radio station located at http://ad70.net called MegaSeg. To my delight it also broadcasts video.

So...If you have a Mac and $249 for an awesome software title you can schedule both audio and video to be played over Livestream Procaster.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 70admin; 27th December 2010 at 15:49. Reason: forgot an piece of info
Old 17th January 2011, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70admin View Post
I run an internet based audio broadcast network that is beginning to do video. I was looking at a new automation software for my radio station located at http://ad70.net called MegaSeg. To my delight it also broadcasts video.

So...If you have a Mac and $249 for an awesome software title you can schedule both audio and video to be played over Livestream Procaster.

Hope this helps.
Well, this should be a good idea if you had a dedicated pc and connection 24/7, what we're asking from 2008 is a scheduling feature IN PLACE OF Autopilot. By the way, Autopilot stops if nobody's viewing the channel, so we can't even fake a scheduling...