Old 31st March 2010, 23:40

Default Uploading Videos Slow

It is taking 2 hours to upload a 1 GB file. The video type is avi 4:3 ratio. I have 10 GB video files and I had to break them up into 1 GB avi files in order to upload them because of the 1GB limit. It seems once uploaded the videos are not taking up much space so they must be down converted to lower resolution prior to saving.

Is there a better type of file to save this as? I would try MPEG, but livestream does not support uploading this type.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:11
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaartz View Post
It is taking 2 hours to upload a 1 GB file. The video type is avi 4:3 ratio. I have 10 GB video files and I had to break them up into 1 GB avi files in order to upload them because of the 1GB limit. It seems once uploaded the videos are not taking up much space so they must be down converted to lower resolution prior to saving.

Is there a better type of file to save this as? I would try MPEG, but livestream does not support uploading this type.
Hello,

Depending on the length of the file, this period of time is correct. It takes roughly 1.5 minutes for every 1 minute of video to upload & re-transcode the file to Livestream Standards. If you are chopping a larger file into smaller files, I'd suggesting uploading one right after the other.

-
Rick Stern
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:26

These were approximately 5 minutes each at 1GB each (chopped 40 minutes into 8 blocks) and took 120 minutes in avi format DV 4:3. I switched to WMV at HD 1280x720 and this brought the size of each file down to about 200MB and this brought the time to upload way down to 10 minutes.

However, now I uploaded these files into a premium channel and the files were very choppy when viewed on a high download connection. At most 2 seconds was viewed and it would pause. I tried thisfrom work with 10MB downloading and at home with 4MB downloading and had a friend try it also. I tried setting the bitrate to basic with 500kbps and it helped minimally.
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:28

These were located on the autopilot when viewed.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaartz View Post
These were located on the autopilot when viewed.
Thanks - I took a look at the source file and definitely saw issues with it's video playback and noticed some audio distortion as well. I'd try re-encoding these files in .mov format if possible, as it seems as though you ran into issues with your previous encoding attempt.

-
Rick Stern