Old 13th December 2009, 02:07

Default Livestream Viewer

The stream viewer uses up too many system resources. my watchers are constantly complaining to me about their ENTIRE COMPUTERS lagging when they're watching my stream, and the video sometimes dipping below 5 fps. this is a problem. I don't know what exactly is causing it, but it might be a good thing to look into, because Ustream doesn't have that problem, and it just so happens to be one of your main competitors.

Thanks
Old 13th December 2009, 02:45
Livestream Project Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Alongside the launch of our new User Experience, we're dedicated to improving player functionality over our competitors' and reduce both it's size and impact on your system's CPU usage.

- Rick Stern
Producer Support Manager
Old 13th December 2009, 20:00

Sounds good.
You might want to implement a different chat box though, the current one is too far from the video player, and too small.
Old 27th March 2010, 00:57

Exclamation lag while watching

I got that same problem... been trying to fix my lag while watching a livestream channel but nothing seems to work, so I just checked ustream and works perfectly fine even tho it uses a bunch of memory too I get no lag there and runs smoothly.

So any of how to reduce the lag here? I can only watch saved videos but not live...