Old 2nd December 2009, 15:14

Question Eta?

Does Livestream have an ETA on this feature?
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:47

Default Sound/Mics

This may or may not work for you, but it works for me. First..camera mics do not work..period, without great investment in sound boards for your computer. But, what does work is this:

Get a Behrenger 802 audio mixer, loop it as follows OUTPUT: from mixer to computer audio in...INPUT: from computer audio output (headsets etc) to mixer input. I use four wireless mics, through a wireless reciever hooked to one input of the Behringer 802 and out to the computer...cost: $60.00 US. If you have to, hook the wireless mike to the tripod of the camera ? By the way my four wireless lavalier/headset mics and reciever cost $155.00.
Just some ideas.

Bill Bowser
VidProd Global
Global Internet Video
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:40

Send a message via Skype™ to cristiantm

I would suggest getting a low cost video switcher. We are usint it. It works much better than software switching using the studio.
Old 14th December 2009, 19:45

I just wanted to start using Livestream.com for a company but I was shocked actually to read that it's not possible to use audio and video sources independently. This should be a basic feature in the Pro version. I will keep my eye on this thread for a little while but if I don't see any ETA appearing I'm afraid I'll have to look further.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco72 View Post
I just wanted to start using Livestream.com for a company but I was shocked actually to read that it's not possible to use audio and video sources independently. This should be a basic feature in the Pro version. I will keep my eye on this thread for a little while but if I don't see any ETA appearing I'm afraid I'll have to look further.

Yes is really important to have control over audio/camera switching
Old 18th January 2010, 23:13

Default not quite there..

Yeah, I wonder what's up with LiveStream.

If they added BASIC things it would be a total game changer.

First and foremost, CUTTING. I can't run a live show off nothing but mixes. No show, of any kind, uses nothing but mixes and looks good. IMO, if you can't cut between sources, there's no reason to even support multiple cameras. You don't fade between angles lol.

2nd, map some keys here. Who wants to cut a show with a mouse? Camera 1, button 1. Camera 2, button 2. Enter cuts. Space dissolves. Or something like that. Ideally you can assign any source (including bug, sting, ticker, etc) or any effect (dissolve, wipe, etc) to any hotkey, but getting the basics down first would be a start.

3, audio options. Even limited ones. Use only "this" camera source for audio. Use only "this" audio device.

If it was about as capable as BoinxTV is and was a direct webstream (with Boinx you have to trick it into not just recording your show to disk, and then externally feed it to a stream service), that would be big.

They seem to push gaming a lot, and procaster is cool, the fact it can integrate into being a source for Studio opens up even more options beyond just games.

I just hope the software goes those few stages further.

For now, I'll have to stick with my switcher into digital-analog converter into livestream/ustream setup. It certainly works well .
Old 16th March 2010, 11:57

Unhappy Obvious and essential features

Get to it LiveStream guys! This is clearly a necessary option. If you have multi-cam support you simply HAVE to be able to disconnect the audio from the video.

I have added cameras for cutaways away from sound, and it's impossible to use them in the current Studio.

Tags
audio, broadcast, live, multi-camera