Old 14th May 2012, 12:52

Default Embedded HD video?

I'm broadcasting HD video, however when I view my channel and when I embed the channel on a web page I only have the option for high, medium and low. I've seen other Livestreams around the web with the HD option (namely the Audubon/Cornell bird cams), but cannot seem to replicate this option on my stream. Any idea how to do this?

EDIT: Just for some more info, I've selected HD quality under the channel configuration, and I've double checked that the Procaster is streaming HD+Medium+Mobile quality (total bitrate of about 2200kbps).

I'd also like to know how to choose a default quality on an embedded page. At the present time it always defaults to medium.

Last edited by TPKTraffic; 14th May 2012 at 14:26.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:25
Livestream Producer Support

TPKTraffic,

The player will display in this manner regardless when streaming at this preset. The only time you'll actually see HD listed is if you choose HD/High/Med/Mob. The High preset in the player is actually the HD stream, it is simply named in this manner to avoid confusion by the viewers. You wouldn't be able to change the default from medium.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 15th May 2012, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
TPKTraffic,

The player will display in this manner regardless when streaming at this preset. The only time you'll actually see HD listed is if you choose HD/High/Med/Mob. The High preset in the player is actually the HD stream, it is simply named in this manner to avoid confusion by the viewers. You wouldn't be able to change the default from medium.

Matt
Livestream Support
Thank you! Are there any plans to include the option to specify a default quality on the players?
Old 29th May 2012, 16:25

There aren't any that I'm aware of, but I can add this as a feature request.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 11th February 2013, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
There aren't any that I'm aware of, but I can add this as a feature request.

Matt
Livestream Support
It's been a while since I last requested the feature above. Any progress or possibility on getting it added? The embedded player still defaults to medium and I'd like it to default to high. Thanks!
Old 11th February 2013, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPKTraffic View Post
It's been a while since I last requested the feature above. Any progress or possibility on getting it added? The embedded player still defaults to medium and I'd like it to default to high. Thanks!
Hello TPKTraffic,

There hasn't been an option like this released, however you can push the show the HD version as the default by cueing it live within the Studio. This isn't an ideal solution, but it works.

When you're live, login to your LS Studio and cue the desired quality source Live by doing the following:

-Click Cue
-Click "Record" (if you want a recorded file)
-Click "Transition to Cued Clip".