Old 21st January 2012, 18:30

Exclamation Procaster - Massive Issues

Hello!

I used to livestream frequently from my mac many years ago, when the procaster had only just released it's first version for windows. Recently I bought a new laptop with windows 7 and decided to get back in to livestreaming.

I installed the Procaster today thinking it would be simple and effective as opposed to using other free, and generally awful, software from the net, to stream my desktop. I was very wrong. The Procaster itself is great. However I have run in to a massive amount of issues.

Procaster Version: 20.2.0v (current version)
Issues:

- Nearly impossible to click on any buttons in the procaster. The buttons will highlight when I hover the cursor on them, however it's very rare that it will let me click on anything. If I able too, it's because I had to click on every part of the button before finding a "sweet spot" near a corner or edge where it actually lets me click on it.
- Many times I can't close out of things in the preferences area. I'll have popup windows that wont close and will stay at the front of my screen. Even after force closing the program, they will stay. Can only get rid of them if I restart my computer.
- Sometimes if I manage to get the program to shut down completely, I will attempt to re-open it and it will never open. I'll have several unresponsive icons in the dropdown list in the right side of my taskbar, but none that I can open in the taskbar itself.

It's incredibly frustrating and I haven't found any solutions to any of these problems. If anyone knows how to fix these issues, I would be incredibly thankful.
Old 21st January 2012, 18:36
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dihydrogen View Post
Hello!

I used to livestream frequently from my mac many years ago, when the procaster had only just released it's first version for windows. Recently I bought a new laptop with windows 7 and decided to get back in to livestreaming.

I installed the Procaster today thinking it would be simple and effective as opposed to using other free, and generally awful, software from the net, to stream my desktop. I was very wrong. The Procaster itself is great. However I have run in to a massive amount of issues.

Procaster Version: 20.2.0v (current version)
Issues:

- Nearly impossible to click on any buttons in the procaster. The buttons will highlight when I hover the cursor on them, however it's very rare that it will let me click on anything. If I able too, it's because I had to click on every part of the button before finding a "sweet spot" near a corner or edge where it actually lets me click on it.
- Many times I can't close out of things in the preferences area. I'll have popup windows that wont close and will stay at the front of my screen. Even after force closing the program, they will stay. Can only get rid of them if I restart my computer.
- Sometimes if I manage to get the program to shut down completely, I will attempt to re-open it and it will never open. I'll have several unresponsive icons in the dropdown list in the right side of my taskbar, but none that I can open in the taskbar itself.

It's incredibly frustrating and I haven't found any solutions to any of these problems. If anyone knows how to fix these issues, I would be incredibly thankful.
Hello,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced when you attempted to use Procaster. This is the first I'm hearing of this type of problem. We have released a few betas since we first released 20.2.0. You can find a download link to the latest Beta version (20.2.43) at the following Forum Thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604

If installing the Beta does not resolve your issue, please post the following information, which will help us figure out what's going on:

-Computer Processor
-RAM
-Procaster settings (Quality Preset, etc)
-Internet Connection (visit www.speedtest.net and send me the results of a test)
-Wired or WiFi?

Once we have this information we'll be able to better assist you with your issue.
Old 21st January 2012, 19:02

Thanks for the quick reply, Henry

I tried the Beta as you suggested, but it did not fix any of the issues I have encountered. Here's the info you asked for:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 8GB
Procaster Settings: Default settings, Normal video quality. Can't even click in to things to change any settings, unless I spend 2 minutes clicking on the buttons to (hopefully) find a spot where it will let me open it.
Internet Connection: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1722299545.png
Currently using WiFi

Did run in to one new issue with the Beta. A few things I tried clicking on would simply open the drop down list for the accounts over and over, even if it was nowhere near the actual dropdown list itself.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:27
Livestream Procaster Support

Dihydrogen, which qualities are you trying to stream at?
Could you also try having aero enabled and disabled?
And could you do the speedtest to New York, NY?
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:35

Here's the test to NY: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1725917271.png
Again that's on WiFi.

As for the video settings, everything is on default with the "normal quality (446kbps)" setting on the video quality dropdown list.

I tried multiple times with Aero on and off, and it didn't effect it. It was the same both ways.
Old 11th February 2013, 03:29

Has this been solved? I've been having the same problem for quite a long time actually, the buttons would rarely on occasion work again so I kept quiet, but now I can't even adjust audio, click Stop to stop streaming, or anything (had to ctrl alt delete out of procaster to exit), and it's really become frustrating to use.
Old 11th February 2013, 15:16

I personally never fixed it and eventually just went to Twitch, even though it heavily leans on streaming gaming. I've upgraded to a much better computer since I last had this problem and have not tried the procaster on this comp.