Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 27th November 2011, 04:32

Unhappy Procaster 100% CPU usage when trying to livestream VLC or normal video stream online

CPU: Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73 ghz
Memory (RAM) - 1.00 GB
Video Card (I think?) Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family , Adapter String : Mobile Intel(R) GMA X3100

Speed test to NYC :

I'm trying to use procaster to livestream a 720p homemade video with VLC, but everytime I try (even on normal setting, AND I have my microphone disabled) it jumps up to 100% CPU usage. I tried to use procaster to livestream a streaming video online, just to test and see if VLC alone was the issue, and that too made it jump up to 100%. Can you help me out here? is my system just not cut out for procaster use? it keeps telling me to close other apps.. whereas I have nothing running that I don't need. Is there another alternative to procaster?

Attaching a .jpg of my issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (72.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by savethatshow; 27th November 2011 at 04:42.
Old 27th November 2011, 15:07
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethatshow View Post
CPU: Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73 ghz
Memory (RAM) - 1.00 GB
Video Card (I think?) Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family , Adapter String : Mobile Intel(R) GMA X3100

Speed test to NYC :

I'm trying to use procaster to livestream a 720p homemade video with VLC, but everytime I try (even on normal setting, AND I have my microphone disabled) it jumps up to 100% CPU usage. I tried to use procaster to livestream a streaming video online, just to test and see if VLC alone was the issue, and that too made it jump up to 100%. Can you help me out here? is my system just not cut out for procaster use? it keeps telling me to close other apps.. whereas I have nothing running that I don't need. Is there another alternative to procaster?

Attaching a .jpg of my issue.
savethatshow,

It looks like your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for broadcasting on Livestream. Please note that the minimum specs are as follows:

Pentium Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or Higher
4GB RAM
700Kbps upload bandwidth
Dedicated video card, 256MB VRAM

A detailed listing of recommended specs can be found here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/..._on_Livestream
Old 21st December 2011, 17:54

Unhappy CPU Problem.

I too have problems with CPU usage. I am unable to stream games and can barely stream desktop.
My specs:
Intel Core2 Duo 3.00Ghz
6GB RAM
8/1 mb/s bandwidth
Ati Radeon HD 5770 video card
Windows 7 Ultimate

Do you have any sort of fixes for this problem?
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:42

Unfortunately your CPU is rather underpowered for both streaming and game play.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 31st December 2011, 12:28

I'm also having issues with the memory leak. I've updated to Procaster Beta (the most recent release). I'm trying to stream a video online, and it causes my computer to lag, and be used at 100% CPU.

HP G60 Notebook with Windows 7 SP1
Pentium Dual-Core T4400 2@2.20GHz
4.0 GB RAM

Any ideas? I have a big stream coming up tomorrow, and I'm afraid if I don't get this resolved soon, I won't be able to stream.
Old 31st December 2011, 19:25

irridescentsong,

Unfortuantely, your system may be too underpowered to both stream and play a game simultaneously. However, you could turn off your local recording (Preferences > Desktop tab > Save video to file option) to see if that makes a difference. Recommended requirements can be found below:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/..._on_Livestream
Old 30th October 2012, 14:51

I can tell you from bitter experience that having anything less than a quad-core laptop is going to drive you crazy. I now have a MacBookPro 15" with quad-core processors and can stream high, medium and mobile quality from Procaster without it breaking a sweat! Dual-core just won't cut it. The only problem if you are a PC user it's getting tough to find a quad-core Windows laptop that has a firewire port... or even a slot to put one in.
Old 7th January 2013, 15:30

Default Only Solution To Stop VLC from using 100% CPU Power

also had a 2nd spare computer that is about that old and decided to try streaming and ran into the same problem, tinkered with the setting for about a day until i realized that its the Variable bitrate.

The little "vb= .." Setting is the only parameter that actually decreased the CPU load. Comparably to your computer, mine CPU was about 1.6 Ghz, and to keep the PC around 70% - 80% i had to lower the bitrate between 100 and 120 .

Then you need to adjust the FrameRate, and Resolution to try an compensate. But you you will have to understand that your computer is inadequate to take on a task of a High quality stream.

Also i noticed on certain videos that when certain CGI effect occur during video playback will shoot up the the % of usage on ur CPU.

In all tweak all the settings to find your best possible settings, for your computer; but id start with Bitrate.

Tags
100%, 100% cpu, 100% procaster cpu, cpu