Old 8th November 2011, 21:56

Default Follow Channel Button

Why is there no way to follow another channel and receive notifications in your account when they update or start streaming live? There should be a way to add a channel to your followed channels and then choose email or just on your account notifications. When I log in to my channel, there should be a page that shows the channels on my followed list that have updated with a new video since I last logged in and it should show in a highlighted area, any channels on my follow list that are currently livestreaming.

I honestly can barely believe this feature doesn't already exist on this site. It'd make the site much better.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:39
Livestream Producer Support

arshness,

Thank for the feedback. We'll have more notification options in the coming months with the launch of the New Livestream platform.

Ernie
Livestream Support

Last edited by ernielive; 9th November 2011 at 09:48.
Old 25th November 2011, 01:14

Unhappy Follow Channel and Friends Features are a HUGE Need

The whole idea of social networking is to make it easy for people to network. It's impossible here.

I'm brand new, so excuse me if I suggest a feature that exists. I have tried to read everything.

Bill Windsor
Lawless America Channel
Bill@LawlessAmerica.com
Old 25th November 2011, 16:28

Hi Bill,

I'd suggest checking out New.Livestream.com.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 26th November 2011, 17:00

Smile The New Livestream appears to have Incredible Features

Thanks for the info. I watched the video, etc., and the New Livestream seems to have outstanding features in this regard!
Old 29th November 2011, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
arshness,

Thank for the feedback. We'll have more notification options in the coming months with the launch of the New Livestream platform.

Ernie
Livestream Support
This may not be the best place to ask such a question, but, any estimated time as to if/when a switch over to New Livestream will take place (I say "if/when" as in if the old will still exist after the launching of NLS)?
Old 29th November 2011, 11:36

The New Livestream will be fully launched in April 2012. A full roadmap for the New Livestream can be found here:

http://new.livestream.com/pages/about/roadmap

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 22nd April 2012, 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
The New Livestream will be fully launched in April 2012. A full roadmap for the New Livestream can be found here:

http://new.livestream.com/pages/about/roadmap

Matt
Livestream Support
Hi, that link didn't work for me. And I having a hard time trying to figure out how to follow people on here. I'm new and I know that I have follow buttons on the home page. But, other then the channels you guys suggest, I can't seem to follow the channels that I want. Either there's a search bar I don't know about or I'm blind. But, I can't find any way to follow a channel I want to I thought it would be on that channels page somewhere but I can't find it. PLEASE HELP!
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:33

AyaHebi,

We are continuing to roll out new updates for New Livestream over the next few weeks. Please visit the following URL for up-to-date feature releases and announcements regarding the platform: new.livestream.com/livestream

Last edited by ernielive; 22nd April 2012 at 17:00.
Old 10th September 2012, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshness View Post
Why is there no way to follow another channel and receive notifications in your account when they update or start streaming live? There should be a way to add a channel to your followed channels and then choose email or just on your account notifications. When I log in to my channel, there should be a page that shows the channels on my followed list that have updated with a new video since I last logged in and it should show in a highlighted area, any channels on my follow list that are currently livestreaming.

I honestly can barely believe this feature doesn't already exist on this site. It'd make the site much better.
I would use Livestream way, WAY more often if this feature were available.
Closed Thread

Tags
fan, follow, list, notifications, subscribe