Old 20th July 2011, 16:50

Default Can I interview someone live

Can I interview someone live and share the screen with them? Or do I have to go back and forth between cameras? I should try to be clearer. I want to interview someone from a different location and share my screen with them.

Last edited by inspiredbroadcast; 20th July 2011 at 17:33.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:06
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredbroadcast View Post
Can I interview someone live and share the screen with them? Or do I have to go back and forth between cameras? I should try to be clearer. I want to interview someone from a different location and share my screen with them.
You might be able to accomplish this by screencapturing a Skype video chat; otherwise, if you're at different locations, you'll need to switch back and forth between video sources. It's not possible to achieve PiP with Livestream's native broadcasting tools.

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 21st July 2011 at 11:08.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:52

Default thank you

I appreciate your help.
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:38

Can you please confirm this is still the case?

To recap, I want multiple Presenters or Team Members to talk live, together, at the same time, and they are in different locations across the country.

I thought I would be able to replace our gotowebinar.com with LiveStream, but if I also have to use Skype video chat, I don't see that as being realistic with our bandwidth at each person's location.

Again, I just want to confirm that we are not able to have multiple Presenters from different locations talk at the same time on LiveStream Channel.
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:10
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooser2207 View Post
Can you please confirm this is still the case?

To recap, I want multiple Presenters or Team Members to talk live, together, at the same time, and they are in different locations across the country.

I thought I would be able to replace our gotowebinar.com with LiveStream, but if I also have to use Skype video chat, I don't see that as being realistic with our bandwidth at each person's location.

Again, I just want to confirm that we are not able to have multiple Presenters from different locations talk at the same time on LiveStream Channel.
You are correct. You would need to have some type of video conferencing software and use Procaster to capture your screen.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:30

Default Just Audio Conferencing?

Henry, thanks for that quick reply.

If we want just audio conferencing, say using Skype or Google Voice, can use that in conjunction with LiveStream Procaster?

That way the viewers would hear us talking back and forth to each other, via our LiveStream, and we could use the LiveStream Studio to switch screens back and forth.

Also, I should note that of course we want the livestream servers to record the entire audio conversation as well.

Maybe there's some directions somewhere on using Skype with Livestream or Google Voice with livestream?

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2011, 12:53
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooser2207 View Post
Henry, thanks for that quick reply.

If we want just audio conferencing, say using Skype or Google Voice, can use that in conjunction with LiveStream Procaster?

That way the viewers would hear us talking back and forth to each other, via our LiveStream, and we could use the LiveStream Studio to switch screens back and forth.

Also, I should note that of course we want the livestream servers to record the entire audio conversation as well.

Maybe there's some directions somewhere on using Skype with Livestream or Google Voice with livestream?

Thanks!
Gooser2207,

We actually just updated our user guide with more information on how to use Skype video with Procaster and Soundflower. You can find the link here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...nd_Soundflower

If you have questions, feel free to ask, or if you think we should add anything to that section, we would love your suggestions.